Chapter 28- Darling, I'll Wait Forever.

Erik Destler

       I sat in the waiting room, nervously waiting for any sort of news and trying not to cry in front of anyone.

       "Erik Destler?", A nurse walked up to me. I nodded my head slowly and looked at her.

          "Um, there is good news and bad news Monsieur. The good news is that she is alive. She passed out from the amount of blood loss, but she is alive. The bad news is that we believe she might be slipping into a coma. She should have woken up by now and...she hasn't.", She looked at the ground as I wiped away my tears.

        "May I see her?", I asked gently.  She nodded her head rapidly and lead me to Christine.  

              As I sat by Christine's side, I could hear the nurse whispering to another nurse.

          "Well, he's quite mysterious.", one of the nurses whispered.

             "Have you heard his voice?! woman is very lucky to hear him speak everyday.", The nurse giggled and they walked out the door.

            "Christine...", I sobbed into her chest. I felt a hand on my head and I looked up. Christine was looking at me with so much pain in her eyes that it killed me. She was gasping for breath and I tried my best to calm her down

             "It- it hurts.", She whispered, barely able to speak. I hushed her and held her hand.

              "I know. I want to take the pain away. I'm so sorry. I'm so, very sorry.", I cried.

            "I- I'm not l-leaving y-you.", She smiled weakly. My strong, selfless Christine.

           "I love you so much.", I kissed her hand, and she blushed.  Her smile faded and she winced.

             "It h-hurts.", She was sobbing now. I held her in my arms.

              "Go to sleep. When you wake, all will be right.", I mumbled into her ear.

               "S-sing.", She begged. I chuckled and agreed.

            "Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination. Silently, the senses abandon their defenses...", I sang softly in her ear. She smiled and cuddled closer for warmth.

Christine Daae

        I felt like I was going to die. I didn't want to hold on anymore, but I would for Erik. Everything was so cold and, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't manage to get warm. I tried to focuse on Erik's voice and not the sharp pain in my side.

          I wondered why anybody would try to kill me and who it was. I thought about how it hit the side of my torso, completely missing my vital organs. Perhaps they weren't trying to hurt me, but hurt my Erik. The question was still the same: Why?

            All I wanted to do was be with Erik and sing. I longed for the years of marriage where he would compose and I would sing to our children with him. I would teach my daughter how to dance while he would teach our son how to play the piano.

            "Let your soul take you where you long to be...", Erik sang softly to me. I closed my eyes and tried my best to fall asleep.

Erik Destler

          When Christine fell asleep, I decided to get a few things done while she was in the hospital. I got to Madame Giry's and began to gather my things. As I was getting out Christine's dresses, Meg walked in.

         "Erik? What are you doing?", She mumbled, pushing back her messy hair and fixing her robe.

           "Oh. I was only-"

             "Meg? Why are you up at this late of an hour? You know that- oh um...Hello Erik.", Raoul said uncomfortably. I rolled my eyes and continued gathering my things.

             "Both of you go back to bed. Your lover is obviously having a hard time sleeping without you, Megan.", Meg blushed and quickly dragged Raoul out of the room.

Meg Giry

         I giggled uncontrollably as I ran back into my room. Raoul stumbled in after me and quickly pulled me into him.

         "Well, I think it is quite safe to say that was extremely awkward.", Raoul stated, only to make me laugh again and fall onto the bed laughing.

         "He basically called you a child who couldn't sleep alone!", I snorted.

          "At least I was man enough to kiss you and I didn't hide my feelings from you as you did.", He smirked.

            "Touché.", I smiled as he pressed  his lips against mine. After endless years of loneliness and despair, Raoul was finally mine to have. 

Erik Destler

          I threw our luggage into the carriage and left the Giry's home. I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing, but what I did know was that Christine said yes and I was going to keep my promise to work hard for her and provide for her...even if that meant a little haunting from time to time.

Woah hey look at this short chapter that never happens huh that's kinda weird oh well.