Chapter 5: The Confession

Garroth stands in your obsidian chamber, and you can hear him calling for someone. You climb down the ladder.

"Y/N!" He glares at you.

"I have no choice." You say coldly. "Your village isn't the only thing Zane has hurt."

"What did he do to you?" Garroth asks. "I know better than most people how evil he is."

"Do you really not remember me?" You ask. When you had been kidnapped, he was already ten years old. Zane was one year older than you.

"I thought it wasn't really you..." Says Garroth.

"If I don't bring you back to O'Khasis, I'll have to marry Zane." You say bluntly.

"What!?" Garroth says. "Just let me out of here, and we can discuss this with Aphmau and Laurance. They'll help you."

"No!" He must have seen the flicker of panic in your eyes, because his tone softens.

"They won't hurt you if you've been forced to do something." He says. You sigh, and open break the obsidian again.

***

You and Garroth walk to Aphmau's house. He stays a little bit away form you though, just in case, but you do 't name him.

Garroth knocks on the door, and Aphmau answers.

"Garroth! And... Y/N?" She asks.

"Yes..." You mumble, looking at your shoes. "I have something to tell you and Laurance."

***

Laurence, Garroth and Aphmau stare at you incredulously as you finish your story.

"I'm so sorry..." Says Aphmau. "We should have seen something was wrong."

"It isn't your fault." You say. Laurance shakes his head and Garroth stares out the window, as if trying to teleport away.

"We can help," Says Laurance. "We can hide you from Zane!" You shake your head and grudgingly reveal a tracking gem implanted into your hand. Aphmau's eyes widen, and she looks at you in sympathy.

"So the three things you could have done for Zane are either kidnap me and bring me to O'Khasis, kidnap Aphmau, or kill her..." Says Garroth, as if making a plan.

You were right. Garroth reveals his plan to you, Aphmau and Laurance. The plan is for you to bring Garroth to O'Khasis, and Aphmau and Laurance to follow secretly. Once Garroth has been returned, Aphmau and Laurance will sneak into Zane's room and steal his releasing gem, to release the tracking jewel from you. Then the three of you will get Garroth back.

For a while, Garroth and Aphmau argue about who should be kidnapped by you. While they do that, Laurence turns to you.

"We'll need luck on our side for that plan to work." He says.

"Yeah..." You stare into space.

"You're beautiful, you know." Says Laurence unexpectedly. You blush, and don't say anything. He smiles, and turns to Aphmau and Garroth.

"All right, stop fighting. Garroth will be kidnapped by Y/N." Aphmau opens her mouth to argue, but doesn't. She just turns to Garroth, and hugs him. He looks surprised for a moment, before kissing her.

Laurence turns to you and mouths, 'I knew it!' You hold in your laughter.