Chapter 8: The First Kiss

"Let them go right now, Zane." You say dangerously quietly. "They have nothing to do with this."

"Oh, I was thinking of keeping them, this opportunity is too good to pass up." Zane smirks.

You quickly draw out your dagger, but quickly realize it's no use. The guards have you surrounded, and the armour of O'Khasis guards is nearly impenetrable. One lunges for you, but you twist out of the way with seconds to spare. A small hole in their defences has opened up. As you try to duck through, a guard grabs your arm, and detains you long enough for a second guard to grab your other arm. You kick backwards, and aim your foot to kick a guard in the stomach, one of he only places the armour isn't so thick.

You wince as your foot hits metal, but you wrench your arm from the other guard's grip. You grit your teeth and take a leap towards where Zane sits. His eyes widen, and he tries to get up and run, but you grab him and hold you dagger to his neck.

"You kill me, Y/N, and your friends are dead." He says, leaning away from the blade.

"You kill them, and you are dead."

Everything is silent, the guards don't know what to do. They one by one turn to Zane for instructions.

"Fight her, you idiots!" Zane screeches. The guards rush towards you, but you push the dagger harder on too Zane's neck, and they freeze.

"You do realize she can't kill. It's her weakness." Zane says to the guards. You flinch yourself, how did he know?

As a guard begins to run too you. Time seems to slow down. You seem to be the only person person not affected by it. You fling Zane out of the way, and create a huge cut down the guard's stomach. You then run to the guards by your friends, and you yank them out of heir reach. Time continues normally.

"How did you move so fast!?" Laurance pants, running with you, Aphmau and Garroth right behind you.

"I don't know!" You say. Time seemed to slow down for you, but it must have been going at the right pace for them! You must have seemed to be going incredibly fast to them!

"Well, maybe you can do that weird thing again, but this time bring us with you!" Laurance gestures to the guards behind you. You concentrate, but nothing happens. Aphmau suddenly trips, and you all spin around to help her.

"Just go!" You all exchange expressions of anxiety, but continue running. You then realize Garroth isn't with you as well. He must have stayed behind with Aphmau. How did this all go so wrong!? And you still have the tracking gem implant! Zane can find you wherever you go! You can't let anyone else be hurt because of you. You stop running as well, and Lauramce whirls around.

You shake your head at him as he takes a step towards you.

"You can't give yourself up!" He says.

"I can if it saves everyone else!" You say, tears running down your face.

Laurance runs up to you, and kisses you.