012

thursday may seventeenth
7:45 am

yeong ja

i smiled to myself as i read the text. it was park ji min! he seemed so sweet despite never having met him, but i never would have imagined him taking the time to text me something nice to pick me up in the morning. though i didn't know who he really was, every time i would read the sweet texts, my heart would begin to beat a smidgen faster for the pretty boy.

it stunned me that while i usually couldn't bring myself to get out of bed in the morning, ji min had this uncanny ability to motivate me. it made me feel like if i didn't do what he was so sweetly asking me to do, he would be devastated! i would never want to deprive both of us of his sunshiny personality.

i finished making my smoothie, and i sipped the sweet, fruity concoction out of a mason jar. after checking the time, i decided there was time to make myself look presentable.

as i strode back into my bedroom, i turned straight to the vanity which i very rarely used. while i did own makeup, it wasn't often that i would find the energy to actually make use of it. i looked into the huge mirror. tired, dull blue eyes stared back at me. they flickered a bit lower and i reached a hand up to tenderly touch the slight dark circles that laid barely below my eyes. everything about my face simply screamed tired.

if ji min knew that i was like this, would he still want to know with me? he's too bright to hang around a depressed university student like myself. i would only bring him down if he really knew.

first, i used bb cream to even out my overall skintone. then, i applied concealer to under my eyes and anywhere else that seemed to need it. after blending and the like, i settled for a bit of thin, winged eyeliner. i checked my appearance in the mirror and found myself somewhat satisfied for once in my life.

i came to the conclusion that if i was going to put effort into my makeup, i should at least change out of my pajamas. so i settled for a white t-shirt from my favorite cafe, a long, grey cardigan, and a pair of boyfriend style jeans with little rips in the knees. as for shoes, i slipped on a pair of nike roshe runs.

i decided to text ji min back to tell him about my rare accomplishments.

thursday may seventeenth
7:55 am

yeong ja: i managed to get dressed up somewhat nicely today instead of staying in my pajamas!!

it's really all thanks to you giving me some energy and motivation this morning ((:

after i sent the text, i noticed that it was time for me to leave for class. i shoved my phone into one of the deep pockets of my cardigan and grabbed my already packed bag. slinging it over my shoulder, i left the apartment building. today will be a good day.