033

friday may eighteenth
8:30 am

park ji min
I knew it was one of those days where she wouldn't be able to get out of bed; I had gone through something similar. I simply stayed with her for a while, running my fingers through her hair gently as her breathing regulated. "Do you need anything, love?" I whispered to Yeong Ja.

She sniffled a bit before turning to face me and said, "Disney movie and tea?" Smiling, I left her side for just a moment to pull my MacBook out of my backpack. I set it on the ground and pulled up Netflix. Then, I handed it to her and told her I'd be back with tea in a bit. Yeong Ja sniffled again before nodding.

When I returned, got tea with honey in hand, Yeong Ja was already absorbed in watching the first Toy Story movie. She looked up just long enough to see that I had returned with her hot tea, and she gestured for me to sit with her. Slipping off my shoes, I strode over to her and handed her the cup. She smiled gently and thanked me, making my heart race just a bit faster. "Sit here with me?" Yeong Ja asked, scooting over so that there would be enough room to sit with her and watch the movie.

"Sure, Yeong Ja-yah," I whispered, slipping under the covers with her. Though the blankets were warm, I could feel how cold she was. As soon as I was situated next to her, she leaned into me like I was her life line.

"Thanks so much, Park Ji Min-sunbaenim. I know we're not close, but you still did this for me and made sure I was okay and I'm just really happy you're here."

"I'm just happy to help. I'd do anything to make sure you're okay and getting happier, love."

•unedited