044

(i have a feeling that this story is gonna start slipping between full chapters and text chapters a bit more)

saturday may nineteenth
12:07 pm

yeong ja
I clicked off my phone before hopping out of my chair to unlock the door for Ji Min. "Ready to go?" Ji Min asked, shoving his hands into the pockets on his shorts. I nodded, stepping out and closing the door behind me. As soon as I locked the door, Ji Min slipped his hand into mine and pulled me away. My heart fluttered in my chest at the contact, and I stumbled a bit as I tried to keep up with his long strides.

"Your hands are warm," I muttered, lacing our fingers together in a more comfortable position.

"And yours are cold. I guess that's what I'm here for; to warm you up," Ji Min chimed, slowing momentarily to shoot me a blinding smile.

I laughed a little and shook my head at his flirting. "You're such a ray of sunshine."

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine," Ji Min sang. Instantly, his voice stunned me. The sound was smooth, even, sweet, and the overall musicality all showed through in the simple little verse of a song.

I shook my head, impressed with his vocals. "You never told me you had such a pretty singing voice. Pretty voice to match a pretty face."

"Jeez, you're gonna make me blush. Thank you, though. I take it you've also got a set of pipes considering the classes you take."

"I guess you could say that. When I was younger, I was actually scouted by a couple of agencies, but I turned them all down because I valued my education over just performance."

Ji Min's eyes widened and his lips formed an "o" shape. "That's so cool! What companies were they?" Admiration was plain to see in his eyes as they gleamed in genuine interest. As a dancer and a musician, I'm sure he considered auditioning for a company.

"SM, JYP, Pledis, and Big Hit. The most promising ones were probably JYP and Big Hit. Big Hit's a small company, but it can definitely become something great with the right idols," I explained. Ji Min lowkey screamed and stopped to take both of my hands in his.

"I was going to sign to Big Hit when I was younger too! I think I was like sixteen, give or take a year or two. Imagine if we had met as trainees or at a music show if you joined a different company. Do you think you'd still find me attractive?"

I laughed. "Who said I find you attractive? Well, I guess it's okay to assume something like that considering the way we interact. But I think I find you more attractive now than I would if you were an idol. I like the student, dancer, Disney enthusiast Ji Min a lot. If you were an idol, it'd be hard to go on cute dates like this," I said, detaching one pair of our hands. Resuming walking, I began to swing our intertwined hands.

"I'd like you any way. Sad, happy, celebrity, student. I'd like any side of you no matter what you decide to do with your life."

•unedited