062

tuesday july twenty-fourth

3:58 am

ji min

i was jolted awake when the door supporting my weight was opened and my back slammed onto carpeted floor. "ji min? what's he still doing here?" a familiar voice whispered, probably thinking out loud. ah, that's right. i fell asleep outside her door.

i ruffled my hair a bit, squinting from the lights inside and sitting up. "so you finally opened up," i drawled, staring her in the eyes from the ground. yeong ja simply covered her mouth with both hands, deep, brown eyes wide. she looks exhausted, but as gorgeous as ever.

"why are you still here? go back to the hospital, you shouldn't be out here. in fact, you shouldn't even be out of the hospital yet! god, you're insane," yeong ja mumbled. i sat up and hoisted myself off of the ground and onto my feet.

looking yeong ja in the eyes, i whispered, "i know you don't feel the same yet, but i love you. love at first sight. the first time i laid eyes on you, i was enamored. i know the state that your mind is in, and i didn't want to worry you more by telling you about my own situation. if it wasn't for you, i don't know that i'd even be here now. i didn't want to risk hurting you. i'm here now, and now that i see you again, i know that i'm in love with you and won't do that ever again. i can't imagine leaving you alone in this world, and i hope you can't imagine leaving me here."

"how dare you betray my trust. i don't know if i could have called it love, but used to have some serious feelings for you. you used to be the reason i'm still here too, and i can't believe i ever relied on you to make me feel validated. go back to the hospital and get some help."

i felt a pang in my chest. maybe she was right. maybe i did betray her. tears rolled down my cheeks." i love you, yeong ja."

"i wish i could say the same. i'm sorry park ji min-sunbaenim "

•unedited