Prolouge

His Royal Mate-

Prolouge-

Alex Dunblane jumped as he heard a noise. All his life his mother had taught him to be cautious. She feared death. Death is what all humans face eventually. Living just passes the time until all humans get old and eventually die.

Alex Dunblane knew this, he was aware of the waste of air he was, he knew only the supernatural were worth anything. Alex Dunblane wished he was a supernatural. Alex often Cursed his mother for giving birth to him.

However she had no choice, at eighteen she was given a letter, telling her whether she would be used for breeding or as food.

Kiera Dunblane would never forget the moment she opened her letter and saw she was to be used for children and pleasure.

Kiera often asked herself if she was really given the best option. Kiera Dunblane feared death. Kiera Dunblane feared death, because she had once escaped it. Kiera Dunblane feared death, because it had once escaped her.

Alex knew that he only had a few weeks, before his fate would be decided, he intended to make the most of that time. He knew this would not be possible.

Humans were dirt, one step out of line and he would be killed, although with each passing day, it occurred to Alex that death wasn't the worst option.

~~~

Oblivion.

Death.

The predicted decay of human life forms.

Humans were worthless.

King Everette Kellin made no attempt to hide this from his people, in fact he encouraged this view.

King Everette Kellin thought everyone was worthless except himself.
However this was hidden, although often his facade slipped.

When he was twenty one, Everette killed his father, for power.

At twenty two, he killed his mother, for grieving.

At twenty three, he cut off almost all friendships, that he had previously.

However people still loved him.

King Everette Kellin, ruled over everything in the world. He was respected and known.

No one could get though to him.

Except one boy.

Now if you have read this story at all you may notice that the majority of what has been written so far is set in one day, I'm afraid this is my writing style. I personally feel like today most media texts move rather quickly, whereas I prefer realistic time frames. I dislike stories that say things like "two weeks layers" because in my opinion so much can happen in two weeks that you might as well comment on it. Other than that some of my grammar and spelling is a bit off and having read over some of what I have written I do cringe, but you should definitely give this story a go as it only gets better from here on out.

Enjoy
30th November 2015