Chapter Five

His Royal Mate-

Chapter five-

"Dunblane, please take your place on the witness stand"

Alex was scared, Alex was so scared he felt as if the measly breakfast he had been given was working its way back up through his throat, Alex thought he was going to be sick.

The likely good that was actually going to happen was very slim of course, however Ales still found himself wondering if brig sick would excuse him from his corrupt trial.

Although Alex knew the outcome of the trial, he couldn't help but take in the court room. It wasn't much but it was the grandest building Alex had ever stepped foot inside.

Large pillars, with intricate detailing at the top, heigh ceilings acting as a canvas for detailed engravings that danced around the top of the room.

Alex could see his reflection in the beautiful, dark polished wood and the marble tiles. Alex was overwhelmed at the beauty of the building.

A menacing little man sat in front of him, sneering at the way Alex's eyes widened as he took in what was around him.

"Alex Dunblane, eighteen years old, charged with violence, violence towards a guard, violence towards a supernatural, causing injury to a supernatural and resisting arrest." A voice boomed out from the speaker behind Alex causing him to jump unexpectedly.

"His victim was 27 year old Benjamin Green, he was knocked Unconscious when involved in a fight with Dunblane. Although no permanent damaged was noted, Mr Green has stated he a wants you to have the harshest possible punishment. His order will be carried out, to the best of our ability." The small man in front of Alec spoke, his nasally voice echoed off the large walls.

Alex knew he had no chance of survival, if a supernatural wanted him dead he'd be dead by the end of the week. It wasn't a fair trial, no one was representing Alex, his family couldn't afford it, not to mention it wouldn't make any difference, the judge decided the verdict- not a jury.

To add to this Alex wasn't allowed to Speak a word during the whole trail, so he was stuck with no one representing him, no voice at all and the judge, the only person whose opinion mattered, hated humans, he'd be more than willing to sentence Alex to death.

The seats inside the court room were empty, apparently no one cared about what the humans crime was, or if they were unfairly sentenced. Alex knew that the seats at human's executions were always packed, the supernatural saw it as their entertainment.

"Dunblane, returned home from his work place, where four guards were waiting for him. The guards were located there due to Vincent Durant, wanting to claim the boy. The king himself had sent the guards and given Mr Durant permission to take Dunblane, in fighting against the guards Dunblane rejected the kings orders. I suggest that the harshest punishment should be nessesary." The scheming man told the judge, in response the judge nodded his head, before opening his mouth to speak.

"How did the fight happen?" The judges question was short and clipped. Alex knew he heard amusement in the old supernaturals tone, as if he were listening about what happened on TV last night, not deciding whether someone lives or dies.

"The guards used their powers to control Dunblane, Dunblane attempted to remove the eyes of the guard controlling him. He was not successful, as Dunblane was being held down, his mother stepped. Dunblane then proceeded to knock Mr Benjamin Green, who was holding his mother back, unconscious, resulting in a small hospital stay."

Alex was surprised at how truthful the bitter little man was, he had recounted the fight accurately.

"A statement from the other guards present says 'We saw the boy run at Ben with a dagger, aiming straight at his heart.' As the only witnesses we know they are correct, Dunblane tried to kill Mr Green."