Chapter Nine

His Royal Mate-

Chapter Nine-

The problem with Alex was that he was naive.

Alex was a lovely person to be around, he kept a positive attitude, making others happy in the process. However Alex lacked a sense of judgment towards people and situations. Due to his niaivity, the first sight of kindness in Alex's eyes meant everything, Alex didn't understand people's facial expressions or tone if voice, Alex was 'programmed' to find the best in people.

Alex didn't understand sarcasm, he didn't understand scheming, Alex saw everything at face value, never thinking anyone had hidden agendas.

Maybe that was a good thing, or maybe in a time when Alex could be punished for just being himself, a sense I judgement and understanding were important.

That meant Alex didn't see the mischievous glint in Everette's eyes, or the devious smirk gracing his lips, all Alex saw was a generous King showing kindness towards him.

"So I'll have my driver take you back to your house now, of course I wish to go with you, I will be spending lots of time with you and your family from now on." Everette said, a lazy smirk covering his lips, as he spoke, Everette's hands created wild gestures as if the whole situation was much more exciting than what was being made out.

"Sounds good your Highness, I can't believe your generosity, thank you." Alex exclaimed, he wasn't being sarcatic, he didn't know the king had a kind bone in his body.

Up until this point all he had heard about the king from other people was negative, how he ordered family's to be killed, exiled, and humiliated. But the man in from of him juxtaposed every image that was thrown at him. To him Everette was the opposite all the stories, they were myths, everyone had lied to him.

Everette was a good man, kind, generous and understanding, although he wanted Alex to go with him, he understood Alex couldn't leave his family just yet.

Everette walked closer to Alex bending down to Alex's short height before whispering into his ear, "The pleasure is all mine."

Alex shivered a unknown feeling shivering down his spine, he didn't know why he felt it, all he knew was that he wanted Everette to do it again.

It occurred to Alex that Everette was nothing like what Alex had in visioned him to look like. To humans the king seemed to be a greasy haired, overweight, middle aged man, with bad breath and a liking for cigars. Alex never imagined the would find the king good looking, striking chocolate brown eyes and sharp cheekbones, his voice was smooth and deep.

Everette reached out putting him large hand on the arch of Alex's back before guiding him through he large industrial steel doors of the holding room and out into the busy street.

Alex realised, with the king holding him. It was the first time he had never been looked at by anyone in disgust, it was as like this a super natural protecting him, nothing could touch him, he was safe.

People passed in front of the two on the street, some may stare at Everette, but no one stopped to spit, kick or insult Alex. Alex felt empowered.

Both Alex and Everette watched as a shiny black SUV pulled up in front of the curb, being flanked by a number of motorbikes and cars, each adorned with flashing lights and a siren.

Everette rushed around to open the door for Alex before he stepped into the car, after days of being carted around in vans with his hands tied, Alex appreciated the comfy seats and unrestrained movement.

During the car ride Everette tried to make polite conversation, he wanted to become more at ease with his mate, however Alex wasn't paying him any attention. Alex was fascinated by the city rushing by the windows, the high rise skyscrapers intertwined with the ancient architecture. This was a whole different side of the city that Alex was yet to see.