Chapter Eleven

His Royal Mate-

Chapter Eleven-

Alex kept his glaze firmly on his reflection ignoring the curious glances he was recieving from his brothers.

"What are you doing?" Came the first of many inquirys about Alex's formal attire. In many peoples eyes Alex's clothes would not be considered 'formal' but for Alex the dinner was special, and so required his father's suit trousers paired with a slightly stained white dress shirt. Alex felt smart, he felt confident, he felt as though he could impress the decident man who would soon glide in through his rickety front door.

"Getting ready" Alex replied, purposly being as vauge as possible. A major flaw in the Dunblane household was the constant need to impress eachother, and out do eachother, in a desperate attempt to feel superior to one another, in a world where each of the boys knew they would perminently remain at the bottom of the food chain. Alex wanted to keep a 'air of mysetery' around his actions, he knew his brothers were made to eat earlier so the dinner would just be the adults, and so each of his brothers wanted to know what the special occasion was.

"For what?" The eldest of Alex's younger brothers inquired, they were all desperate to know what was happening, however none of them wanted to act too keen, as to give Alex the satisfaction of knowing.

"None of your buissniness." Alex smiled he knew he had each and every one of the boys on the edge of their seats.

"Okay then, dont tell us," The boys couldn't contain their curiocity for more than ten seconds, quickly following up with, "Or you could."

You'll have to do better than that you sneaky bastards.

Alex smirked, sitting down on his bed, in the middle of his brothers.

"Well I guess I could tell you a little." Alex could feel his brother lean in closer, "But you cant tell mum I told you."

A frantic chorus of reassurance followed.

"Okay then, someones coming to dinner." Alex paused after each word stretching out his news further, leaving each of his brothers gasping for a taste of the rest of the story.

"Who?" came the hasty responses, the brothers almost climing over eachother in an attempt to hear the story.

"A supernatual, a important supernatual." Alex wanted to keep his brothers inthraled, hoplding on to every word he spoke. "In fact, perhaps the most importnat supernatural."

"Sure Alex, the King?" Said one of Alex's brother's sarcasticlly. Alex smirked, a knowing look in his eyes, making each of his brothers draw back in a collective gasp, "No way."

"But why?" Came a shocked response, "Why would the king, be having dinner at our house?"

Alex tapped his nose with his finger, winking at his youngest brother, "I can't tell you."

"Alex, why not?" The words drawled out, in a sorrowful plea.

"Oh alright then, we met earlier," Alex paused, as each of his brother's eyes widened and there was a collective intake of breath, Alex could feel the mechanics going around in each of their brains. Alex's eyes went to his door as he heard the certain knocking on the tired door. "he's here."

~~~

Everette tried to calm his fear, inside he knew he had nothing to worry about, he was the king, he was the ruler of the world. Everette had conqured countries and oceans, but he knew the chances of him ever winning over Alex were slim, and he hated it, but thats why he knew he had to implement his plan, he had to show Alex what a bad position he was in and with no where else to go, Everette would be the only option available to Alex.