Loki-Masquerade

You were ready for the masquerade ball. Sif had insisted you go but you were very nervous as you had never been to one before. You were always amazed by the idea of masquerade because you could be dancing with anyone and you wouldn't know who. It wasn't the dancing you were nervous for anyway for Loki had taught you how to dance when you were kids.

You left your room and met Sif at the bottom of the stairs. You wore a blue gown with a love heart shaped top covered in sequins. Your mask was black to match your heels and had 3 feathers coming off the right hand side.

"I know I said I would go with you Y/N but..." Sif pouted.

"Let me guess, you and Fandral actually decided to go on a date, finally," you smirk.

"Mayybbeee," Sif dragged out.

You smiled at her, happy that Fandral had finally made a move.

"Then go, I'll be fine," you lied.

Honestly you were worried. This was a new experience for you and you had never liked anything out of your comfort zone.

Sif thanked you and left leaving you to ponder on whether or not you should go.

Then Loki walked past you looking as amazing as ever in his normal armour.

"Y/N my my, you look fabulous. Going to the masquerade I see?"

You blushed at his comment and nodded.

"I'm not so sure if I should go without Sif though," you admitted.

"Well I'd love to come with you. I'm so busy at the moment, but I'm sure you will have an amazing time."

You thanked him as he left and you went in the opposite direction feeling a new sense of confidence after Loki's compliment.

The ball was so much better than how you had imagined it. It was all gold and black with silver glitter everywhere. You stood in shock looking around until a man in a very beautiful black suit with a green tie approached you.

"My lady I must say you look ravishing tonight," he smiled showing his perfect white teeth.

You couldn't seem to recognise him for his mask covered not only his eyes but went down to cover half of his face. You didn't know who he was but still managed to blush at his comment. You had always loved it when a man spoke properly.

"Why thank you. You look very handsome also," you manage to say.

The mask gave you some sort of confidence. So much that you secretly wished Loki was here so that you could be honest with him about your life long feelings. You looked around but couldn't see him.

"Would you care to dance?"

You nodded and took his arm. He led you to the centre of the dance floor and put his hand on your waist. You felt butterflies in your stomach. But you were confused because you didn't even know who this man was.

"Are you willing to tell me who you are?" You asked while waltzing.

"The mask is a beautiful piece. I will reveal myself at midnight, as should you," he smirked.

His black hair flowed down to his shoulders. He had perfect, white teeth and even though you couldn't see half of his face you knew he was attractive.

You danced until your feel felt like they would fall off. The mystery man took you out onto the balcony overlooking all of Asgard. The grand clock rang twelve times signaling it was midnight.

"I happen to be very intrigued to find out who you are underneath your mask," you admitted.

"Well, I happen to already know who the beautiful woman is underneath the mask you are wearing," he smiled.

"But how can you tell?"

"I know you and you know me."

You were even more interested now. He pulled his mask off from the bottom and you gasped.

"Loki?"

"Yes Y/N?"

"Why would you choose to dance with me if you knew who I was?"

"Because I wanted a secret and romantic way to tell you that I have always loved you."

Your heart was in your throat.

You smiled at him. Your heart was all a flutter and your words were stuck in your head. They didn't seem to want to come out.

So you did the one thing you have wanted to do since you were about 13. You leant forward and smashed your lips against his. He grabbed your waist pulling you closer so you were chest to chest. You wrapped your hands in his luscious locks and he placed his gentle hand on your cheek. Your lips moved in sync, feeling like they belonged together. You were on cloud 9, wrapped up in love and lust with Loki, something you had always wanted. You both pulled back out of breath and he leant his forehead against yours leaving you stargazing into his stary eyes.

"I have loved you for a long time Y/N but being child hood friends I never knew if I made a move, whether it would cross a line..."

You cut him off, "I love you too Loki, so stop rambling and kiss me again," you giggled.

"Eager are we?" He chuckled before attaching your lips together like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that were lost and now finally found. A beautiful picture created and never to be torn apart.

A/N okay I'm back! I've been struggling with motivation for writing lately but I received 7 notifications from Holliebee12 and if really pushed me to write some more so thank you so much ! This chapter is dedicated to you!

And I do accept requests by the way so if you want to comment one or send me a message then please do.

Thanks for reading, it honestly means the world. Xxx