Tom-Set Up

Y/B/F = Your best friends name (I am putting your best friend as a female in this for my own writing but of course feel free to change the pronouns if you'd like to).

Plus as a side note Chris in this, is Chris Evans and they aren't famous.

You placed Romeo and Juliet into the DVD player and huddled under the duvet while shoving popcorn into your mouth.

"Y/N!" Y/B/F shouted from the kitchen.

"YES?"

"GET YOURSELF SORTED THEY WILL BE HERE IN 30 MINUTES!"

You pressed pause and groaned extremely loudly so that Y/B/F got the point that you were unhappy. She had been trying to set you up with some guy for at least the last 2 weeks and you had managed to put it off so far. Until now. Running up the stairs you slammed your door shut like an angry teenager. Sometimes your best friend felt more like your mother, but you loved her anyway. You were sure she only wanted you to get with this man because something was going on between her and his best friend (and she was so cliché that she thought it would be cute).

You ran to the shower and, most likely, set the new world record for the fastest shower ever had. You put on a simple pair of black ripped jeans and your favourite burgundy jumper. Curling your hair and doing your makeup, you chucked on some rings and a denim jacket before running back downstairs and into the kitchen.

As you slid into the kitchen, with your socks slipping along the tiles, you found Y/B/F examining her watch.

"15 minutes," she nodded and pulled her 'not bad' face.

"Hey!" you smiled, "that's faster than you could ever get ready."

She pretended to be hurt and placed a hand over her heart.

"Whatever," she laughed.

You jumped up onto the island in the middle of the kitchen and sat down as she wondered around the kitchen, panicking about your alcohol amount.

"What if they don't like the alcohol I've bought?" she asked you worriedly.

"Then there's nothing we can do about it. We have other drinks."

"I should have asked them what they liked shouldn't I? What if they don't drink? Oh Lord. I bet Tom doesn't drink," she smacked her hand over her mouth after the last question.

You laughed at her. She had made a vow to you that she wasn't going to tell you anything about the man you were being set up with and she had broken it minutes before they were here.

"Y/B/F," you giggled, "stop worrying. Everything is going to be fine."

Just as she took a deep breath accepting your calming statement, someone knocked the door loudly. You jumped down from the island and accompanied Y/B/F to the entrance of your house.

She opened the door and a gust of wind hit you instantly. You pushed the moved hair back out of your face and looked at the two men in front of you. Immediately you could tell which one was Tom. Y/B/F had told you so much about his friend Chris that you could spot the difference already and neither of them had spoken to you yet.

"Hey!" Y/B/F smiled, "come on in, it's cold out."

She moved to the side and both men greeted you with warm smiles on their faces.

"Hi, I'm Tom," the one you had suspected to be Tom smiled and outstretched a hand for you to shake with a bottle of wine in the other.

You accepted his hand shake and tried to keep cool. I mean, you expected that your best friend wasn't exactly going to set you up with a man who looked like Voldemort, but you didn't expect a man who looked like a God either. His chiselled cheekbones and perfectly placed curly locks complimented his bursting blue eyes and skinny structure to a tee.

After realising you'd been staring at each other and shaking hands for a while, you coughed and pulled your hand back.

"Oh, um," Tom awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand before pointing the wine at you, "here, this is for you."

"Thank you," you smiled, "although believe me Y/B/F has bought enough alcohol to start a business."

Y/B/F narrowed her eyes at you but the boys laughed. You all went into the kitchen and you poured drinks for everyone. Passing them around you all began chatting and soon realised you all had the same sense of humour and got on really well. Throughout the night you kept making glances at Tom and would blush and smile whenever you noticed him looking back at you. He would only smirk at you but you saw the tint of red on his cheeks too. When Chris rang for pizza and it finally came you stood up to answer the door.

"I'll get it," you announced, standing up and grabbing the money on the side.

"I'll come with you then," Tom stood up too and you made the wrong choice of looking at Y/B/F and seeing her wiggling her eyebrows at you suggestively.

You rolled your eyes and continued to walk to the door, ignoring Tom's footsteps behind you. After paying for the pizza Tom took it out of your hands.

"I am capable of carrying pizza you know, it isn't exactly that heavy," you laughed and he chuckled too.

"Well I don't know, with all the pizza Chris eats it can get to quite a weight sometimes."

You laughed even more at his joke.

"You know, I wish we'd met before," Tom smiled.

You felt guilty thinking about all the excuses you had made not to go on one of Y/B/F's set up dates.

"Yeah me too. I guess I should have trusted Y/B/F more then we could've met weeks ago."

He reached out from underneath the pizza boxes he was carrying and grabbed your hand gently rubbing his thumb in circling motions across your skin.

"Can't we just make up for the lost time?" he suggested.

"And how do you suggest we do that?" you smiled sarcastically.

"How about dinner, next Saturday? I think that's the best way to start."

You nodded at him.

"CAN YOU TWO STOP FLIRTING AND BRING MY PIZZA IN HERE. I'M HUNGRY," you all laughed as Chris shouted from the kitchen.

"ME TOO!" Y/B/F added.

"OH SHUT UP OR WE'LL EAT IT ALL OURSELVES," You replied.

"SORRY Y/N," they shouted in unison.