Loki-Pet Store

You and Loki finally arrived at the Pet Store and you jumped up and down while clapping your hands in excitement.

"You know your starting to make me question my decision to agree with this," Loki sighed at your childishness, "What's so exciting about some ugly, small creatures anyway?"

You chuckled at his tone, "Just wait and see, we'll find you an animal you'll love and then you'll understand."

You grabbed his hand and ran towards the door while he trudged behind you groaning at your impatience.

See, Loki thought that you and him were ready for children together even though you'd only been living together for 4 months on Earth. He wanted you both to live on Asgard but you weren't ready to leave your whole world behind so you live here with him and you visit Asgard every now and then. You didn't think you were ready for the responsibility of children and so thought maybe a pet would be the next best thing to prove to Loki that you weren't ready but a pet would be fun too. In his childhood Loki didn't have pets and so this was all new to him and you couldn't wait to show him all of your favourite animals.

"It smells funny in here," Loki complained as soon as you walked through the door.

A staff member gave you both a evil look and you smiled an apology at him. You elbowed Loki in his ribs for his rudeness.

"Ow, what?" he moaned.

"Don't be so rude," you hissed.

"But it does smell?" he more asked than said.

You giggled, your hard façade breaking, "I know but you can't say that out loud," you whispered.

"Well this is off to a great start, where are the animals then?"

"Everywhere," you replied, "we'll walk round in the order."

First was the reptiles.

"Okay this is a snake, they are very dangerous but some more than others, but of course we would have a less dangerous one. Like a cute corn snake," you pointed at the glass box with the small corn snake in it.

The snake hissed at you and Loki and he jumped back.

"That's like Satan's pet, it's disgusting and evil, next," he dismissed the snake.

You smiled and shook your head, you might be here for a while.

"What about a Gecko or a bearded dragon? They can be aggressive but I think they are adorable."

He gave you a confused look, "I though cute pets were supposed to be cuddly and fluffy not mean and scaly?"

"So not any of them then?"

He shook his head violently.

Next was fish.

"There are thousands of types of fish, small and big so you could choose the ones you like," you explained.

Loki leant forward to look more closely at the few different types of fish. He looked up at you and smiled.

"They are so pretty," he whispered like he was going to disturb them.

"So fish are a maybe on the list," I whispered back, for some reason not wanting to break his cute trance with the fish.

"Can you take them out and hold them?" he asked seriously.

You burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"If you take them out then they would die, they breathe underwater," you explained.

Loki tapped the glass and some of the fish scattered.

"So this is all they do?"

You nodded, trying not to laugh again. He knew nothing about these animals so you felt mean when you laughed but you couldn't help it.

"Oh well, cross them off the list, they are boring," he got up and grabbed your hand, "so what animal that I won't like are you going to show me now?"

You dragged him over to the section of rodent creatures.

"These are rats, mice, gerbils and hamsters," you pointed at each different animal in their boxes.

"They all look the same, ugly and like the rat," he pointed out.

"Hey, you might upset them, don't be so mean," you told him off.

"Wait? They can hear me?" he asked.

"They do have ears," you stated, "but no one knows if they can understand people."

"Let's see," he kneelt down, "you are ugly little vile creatures and I will not be owning one of you as my pet," he said to all of the animals.

He got up and looked back at you.

"Well they don't look bothered so I don't think they can understand me," he shrugged and walked off.

You walked behind laughing at his immatureness.

"I'm pretty sure that's it since you said you didn't want a cat or dog," you sighed annoyed and upset that he didn't choose an animal.

"They are typical human pets and are aggressive things so no," he argued walking behind you now as you began to leave the store.

"Y/N WAIT!" Loki shouts.

You turn around to see him holding the whitest and furriest bunny you had ever seen.

"I like this one, he's cute and cuddly and isn't aggressive," he smiled at you while stroking the bunny that one of the staff members had kindly let him hold.

You smiled at him and ran back over to the bunny and cuddled him to.

"I think we've found the right pet for us," he smiled at the lady before she took it from him to get everything we would need.

You hugged him and he kissed your forehead.

"It may not be a child but I think we are almost there," he whispered.

"Where?" you asked.

"To a perfect family Y/N, you, me and Rabbit," he smiled.

You laughed at him.

"What are you laughing at now?" he asked.

"We can't name our rabbit Rabbit!"

"Why not?"

"Because that's not a proper name, people don't call their animals by what they are."

"Well at least he'll be original and won't have the same name as the other rabbits," he smirked.

"So when we do have a child you want to call it Child do you?" you joked.

"Maybe," he laughed.

"And this is why we are not mature enough to have kids," you explained.

"Yet," he smiled before gently kissing your cheek, "just a matter of time."

A/N okay I cant be the only one who thought this was cute. I saw the video of Tom on the Late Late Show with the animals and I just had to write this.

So my question for you guys is...

What pets have you had and what were their names? And what is your dream pet?

I had goldfish when I was small but I don't remember their names. I had two hamsters called Blue (My brother named him don't judge) and Snowflake (Okay that one is on me) and now I have a Yorkshire Terrior called Max. But my dream pet would proabably be a bearded dragon, they are gorgeous but I couldn't feed it live food. Errgg! Just No!

Thanks for reading xxx