Eighteen: Arms

"You put your arms around me, and I believe that it's easier for you to let me go, you put your arms around me and I'm home. How many times will you let me change my mind and turn around. I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown. I hope that you see right through my walls, I hope that you catch me 'cause I'm already falling, I'll never let our love get so close, you put your arms around me and I'm home. The world is coming down on me and I can't find a reason to be loved. I never wanna leave you but I can't make you bleed if I'm alone. You put your arms around me. And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go..."
~Christina Perri

Michael couldn't help but close his eyes as Luke massaged shampoo into his hair. But the blonde teased him anyways.

"Mikey if you're not careful you're going to start purring," Luke commented with a smirk.

Michael opened his eyes and glared at the blonde for a few seconds before growing bored of being mad and inching closer to him.

"Rinse," Luke told him.

He and Michael switched spots and Luke helped him wash the shampoo out of his hair as Michael helped condition his blonde hair. They switched again and Luke conditioned Michael's hair as Michael rinsed Luke's.

Eventually they finished and Luke shut off the water helping Michael out. Luke helped Michael dry off so the boy's stitches wouldn't rip and the dried himself. Michael watched Luke get dressed and the blonde was blushing when he turned to see Michael watching him in his boxers and black skinny jeans. Michael sheepishly held up the black sweatshirt and blushed himself as Luke helped him into it. Michael pulled on white cotton socks and then led Luke out of the bathroom clinging to his hand like he would never let it go and Michael wasn't all too sure that he ever would.

"Are the pancakes ready?" Luke asked his eyes lightning at the sight of a flour free kitchen.

Michael watched him in awe. How could something so perfect and so beautiful truly love him?

"Yeah hang on," Calum said stuffing a forkful into his mouth before passing Michael and Luke some.

Luke instantly drowned his in the syrup and began devouring his as Michael watched him in amusement for a few seconds before pouring an even amount on his two and eating them slowly. Towards the end of his first pancake each bite was becoming difficult to swallow, but Michael finished it. He stared down the second one for a second before he cut off a bite and forced himself to chew it.

Ashton and Calum were chatting and laughing about something while Luke stuffed himself, but Michael was beginning to feel sick. He had been doing well, or at least he had been faking it well, but today was clearly going to be a day where everything was ten times harder than normal.

When he felt Luke's hand on his leg he glanced at the blonde and managed a few more bites with Luke's encouragement. Soon enough He had finished the last of the pancake and he was helping wash the dishes.

It was rather quiet and Michael knew something was up. He shot Luke a look and the blonde gave him the same look.

"Alright, what's up with you two?" Luke sighed asking the question both he and Michael had been wondering.

Ashton's eyes widened and Calum dropped the plate back into the sink. "Um, w-what are you talking about?" Ashton stuttered."

Michael raised an eyebrow. "Give it up, Ash. We know you two are hiding something,"

Ashton shifted uncomfortably and Calum bit down hard on his lip.

"Who topped?" Calum burst.

"What?" Luke asked.