Chapter 11

"Davis! Davis! Davis!" 

Ava looked up once again from her wilting lettuce to see the table full of football players standing up, cheering, and applauding rather loudly. She quickly glanced over at the entrance to the cafeteria, where Davis was entering. He blushed at the attention and ducked his head. 

"Davis, Davis, Davis!" The football players continued their standing ovation. 

Ava watched Davis in amusement. She watched as he humbly went to join the table. Once he had sat down the rest of the players sat as well and handed him food. 

"What a conceited jerk." Sean mumbled. Ava looked up at him, surprised, and found that he too was staring at Davis.

"What do you mean?" She asked. "He seems to be acting humbly."

Sean snorted. "That's the facade he puts on."

"Facade?" Ava repeated, doubtfully. "How would you know?"

Sean glared over at Davis' table. "Let's just say that Davis and I go way back." 

Ava looked at him carefully. "Really?" 

"We were best friends in middle school." Sean stabbed his lettuce with anger. 

"And..?" Ava inquired.

"Nothing. I don't want to talk about it." Sean snarled. 

"Ok, I'm sorry." Ava put her hands up in surrender. "We'll stop talking about him." Yet she could not help but glance back over at the table, at Davis. She watched him eat with his team and wondered what he could have possibly done to upset Sean. 

"Hey, Rose?" She asked after some deliberation. 

"Yeah?" Rose looked up from her conversation with Luke. 

"Do you want to get a head start to Spanish class? I need to talk to our teacher." 

Rose looked at Ava but quickly nodded. "Bye Sean." She hugged Luke. "See you later." She quickly stood up. 

"Bye guys." Ava waved. 

"I'll see you later?" Sean asked. 

"Um. We'll have to see." Ava shrugged weakly. She looked back at Davis and, to her surprise, found him looking back at her. 

Sean noticed that Ava was distracted and followed her gaze. He narrowed his eyes as they latched onto Davis. "Why the hell is Davis looking at you?" 

Ava turned to Sean in surprise, color rushing to her cheeks. "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

Sean stood up. "Carper." He called out. 

Davis stood up. "Yeah Downs?"

"You got a problem?" Sean demanded. The entire cafeteria had fallen silent at this point as the two most popular boys in the junior class faced each other. 

"A problem with you?" Davis asked incredulously. "Definitely not." 

Ava started to creep away, hoping to avoid notice. She was not sure what was going to happen, but it was easy to predict that it would end badly. 

The End

A/N: And here is where I stopped. These chapters are all unedited and they won't be edited and nor will I continue this story. I never planned on leaving this story up once I decided I would stop writing it, so it's only because of all of you who requested it that you get to see it now. 

Seeking resolution? I'm willing to share that the outline I had in my head had something along the lines of a lot of almost disasters of dates as Ava's "guys" almost ran into each other. Ava would also agree to go to prom with each of them. Eventually, Avery would somehow set it up so they all found out and right before prom they each dumped her. Distraught, Ava wouldn't go to prom but instead sought solace in fencing-which is where Avery also happened to be. The two would reconcile. In the end, Logan would eventually end up back together with Ava. Nothing would ever be heard of from Sean and Davis haha.

So that's it. That's the end. I hope you enjoyed and I hope you got the answers you wanted about Rose and Luke (because ultimately that's why you guys wanted me to publish this).

Love,

mooniva