V is for Virgin & That's What I'll Forever Be: 31

< Aiden >

I sat there, waiting, for almost three days, eight hours, and fifty two minutes now. Lianna already woke up, together with Seth, and she was crying, apologizing to Gabriella over and over.

"I'm sorry, Gabriella. I shouldn't have fought you the other day... I didn't think I'd lose you so quick, oh god, I want to barf." Lianna cried, letting Seth hold the paperbag she barfed on. It's been days since Lia felt nauseous, because the sights of blood really haunted her that night. When she was shot at her leg, she wasn't able to reach to Gabby without having to crawl her way there, but it didn't matter to her. She just wanted to be with her best friend in those last moments.

"I'm sorry, Aiden." She sniffled, holding my hand for support. "I should've known how much you meant to her. Heck, I knew you meant to her, but I was cautious. After what you did -"

"I know, Lianna." I smiled at her faintly. "You were just being a good friend. I was the asshole here."

"Aiden," Seth reached out to squeeze my shoulder. "You're a great guy, and I think, both Lianna and I already know how much Gabriella means to you."

Lianna nodded her head, a painful expression etched on her face. Gabriella's mom also arrived, days ago, but she could not bear seeing her child like that, so she simply dropped off some stuff for us. Luke had always been here since the first day. He was crying, and it was really obvious that he loves his sister.

"I still could not believe Ashton did what he did.." Seth muttered to himself, which we all heard by the way.

"I could not believe also." Lianna agreed, hugging Seth tightly.

"Well, I knew he was a creep from the start." I snorted, making them laugh a little.

"You're biased, everyone knows that."

"Nu-uh, he was a creep since day one. I knew someone couldn't be as nice as him." I grumbled, remembering how he looked so angelic before, protecting Gabriella, and throwing me punches for playing her heart. When in reality, he was the one with all this kidnapping scheme, and the guy owns firearms! Can you imagine?

"Unfortunately, he's too rich that his parents easily bailed him out." Lianna scowled, "But I heard, he's being shipped to some kind of island to recuperate."

"That's good for him. If he was here, I'd probably break his bones." I grunted again, making Seth punch my arm.

"We're going to grab some lunch, want to come with us?" Seth offered.

"Nah, I'll stay here. Would you buy me a sandwich?" I asked, and they nodded their heads before leaving.

It's been three days. Three freaking days, and Gabriella hasn't woken up yet. I haven't even showered for three days already, because I couldn't take my eyes off of her even for a second. What if she wakes up, you know? I had to be there.

I was staring at her, and gosh, she's so beautiful. It's been three days of staring, and I never imagined the dat I would ever grow tired of staring at her face.

I never thought I would be this whipped for a girl before, except for the brunette on the train, who happens to also be her.

I smiled faintly, remembering the very first few moments we met, the train, the dates, our fights, inconveniences, and yet, at the end of the day, I still find myself loving her.

I never admitted it to myself because I was afraid of getting hurt. I've hurt myself a lot of times all because of the wrong reasons, trusting my heart to the wrong people. When they broke them, I broke myself. I wanted to break others because I wanted them to be a part of my brokenness and to feel at least a bit of what I've been feeling everyday. The reason for my player ways does not only stem from the fact that the first girl I was actually attracted to rejected me, or well, I misunderstood as a rejection, it also stemmed from various reasons, like my friends who left me broken, my parents who always fought each other, and I know I shouldn't be blaming anyone with my personal issues, but I can't help it if I have trust issues.