I'm Back!

Weeks, months; perhapseven years had passed.

Here I lay in solitude,questioning in my puzzled and pessimistic mind as to whether or not Iwould live to see tomorrow, however I knew that answer far toowell...

I'd been captured, itwas quite foolish of me not to fight back, but I had no fight left inme. After receiving that letter..

It's quite odd isn'tit? How a few words on a torn, crumpled piece of paper can leave youpondering if you wanted to continue fighting.

But every time I gaveup, those doe-like eyes fought their way back into my messed up head,those perfect dark ringlets and her calm, soothing voice.

I couldn't give up, notnow.

The place they kept upwas dark, disease-ridden and I presume this is what hell would looklike. Four blank walls, with the engagement of tally, in every corneryou looked. I didn't know anyone in here, they were all quiet andmostly kept to themselves apart from Jasper, the young Welsh lad whocould start a conversation about anything.

I missed home and mostimportantly I missed Sybil.

They told us to writeletters; sort of like a final goodbye.

To whom this mayconcern,

My name is Tom Branson,and I am a solider in the 10th Division.

I've been captured,along with many more of my fellow comrades, but I am writing toinform you of our well-being.

We have been starved,left out in the cold and been told to expect the worse.

If I do not completethis mission successfully I ask of you one thing.

Tell Miss Sybil Crawleyof the Crawley Family, I am well and truly sorry.

I'm back from a veryyyyyy long vacation and I hope you enjoy this!! :)