cнapтer 5

Tom P.O.V

I waited for days, weeks possibly even months.

But the day never came.

 She never wrote back, so I assumed she had forgotten about me, what was I to do now?

Fight? Win? Fail?

All these questions with no answers.

I had heard the dreaded tails from the other men on patrol, on how their friend had been taken, but they weren’t just friends they were brothers.

Brothers of War.

That scared me to thick that they could do such a thing and how they could destroy somebody’s life in a matter of seconds.

It must have 3 o’clock in the morning, Charlie and I had the patrol this morning.

For the past 3 months I have been waiting for a reply, but nothing has come. Charlie keeps telling me to not give up hope, but I can see it in his eyes.

He’s lost hope as well.

It’s so quite out here and it really does give you time to think. What if my life had been different?

What if I was born into a wealthy family and I met Sybil then? Would her family accept me?

Accept me for my status and not by the love I have for their Daughter.

The weirdest of sounds can be heard rustling, howling and whispers.

I turn my back to look for where this annoying sound was coming from, I hear a loud scream come from behind me and I instantly know its Charlie.

“CHARLIE”

“CHARLIE” I cry out to him but he doesn’t reply.

“CHARLIE!”

There I saw it.

He was being taken.

They’ve seen me.

I ran faster than ever before hoping to get back to camp, to tell the others and to get Charlie back!

*THUMP*

Being dragged by the enemy probably to my death, and I never got to see her…