Chapter Seven: Trouble

Kaitlyn's POV

Emily took me to her office, and it's amazing. Half of the wall is mint green with music notes, and the other half is bright pink with famous quotes. Posters and albums are hung on the walls, and electronics are everywhere; computers, recording devices, video cameras, regular cameras, a phone for each desk, printers, a TV, and a radio. Emily's desk has a computer with a double monitor set up, and Mac's is a single monitor. Picture frames line both desks, and pencils and pens are all over Mac's desk. Emily has her sketch pad over on her desk, and her card reader is plugged into the computer tower. When it comes to style, the two are total opposites, but together, it makes one amazing team.

************

I don't know what's up with Riley, but it's really getting me worried. It's like we don't know each other anymore. Before, we could tell each other anything, and it was nice because we never ran out of things to talk about. Now, it's hard to even tell him about the B plus I got on my essay that I worked really hard on.

I don't even know what happened. I think we both drifted away as soon as we told their fans that we were a couple for almost two years. The sneaking around must've made our relationship exciting and together. I feel like we should start fresh, but that would mean breaking up and getting back together. Riley is the very person that I love, and I want it to stay that way. I don't want to feel the heartbreak.

I need to talk to him, but I don't know how.

**************

"Kaitlyn, are you okay?" Toby asks me, waving his hand in front of my face. I blink a few times and look around.

"Where's Riley?" I ask.

"He went out with Braiden and Thomas, remember?" I shake my head.

"No, I can't remember. How long has he been gone?" I ask. He looks at the time on the wall.

"About an hour. I thought he was dropping you off. I just came downstairs," he explains.

"Oh, I should get going," I say, and I start to stand up, but he catches my wrist gently.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"I don't want to drop it on you," I say.

"Kaitlyn, this is the most excitement I've had since Soaked Festival, and that was a month ago. What's wrong?" he repeats. I sigh.

"Riley and I have distanced ever since we told the fanbase about us. I don't know if he even wants to be with me anymore," I tell him.

"He's been acting weird lately. I tried talking to him about it, but he said he was fine," he says.

"I don't know what to do. I don't even know how to talk to him anymore. I get nervous when I want to tell him about a grade that I got on a test or an essay. I feel like he's a stranger to me, and I can't talk to him about it because I don't know how to," I ramble. He's silent for a couple of minutes, probably to process everything.

"Maybe you should just bring up old memories. That could help with opening up to each other," he suggests.

"You're a genius!" I say, kissing his cheek. "I have to go plan, but I'll be back later."

"Good luck!" he calls as I run out the door.