Chapter Nineteen

Kaitlyn's POV

"Riley, I'm really worried about her," I say.

"What do you mean? She seemed fine when we went out with her the day after the concert," he says, sitting in the back lounge in between Thomas and Toby, who are now looking at the screen. He unplugs the earbuds and has Toby close the door.

"Well, she's been sleeping in Toby's room since they broke up, and the only times she left his room was to either feed Captain and Tank, get food, or go to the office. Other than that, she locks herself in there and cries. She misses him," I tell them.

"Yeah, it's the same over here. I'm surprised he hasn't broken down onstage yet. He leaves meet and greets early to let it all out, and when fans ask him why he looks like he does, he blames sleep, which isn't a lie. He doesn't sleep at all. It drives us all insane," Thomas says.

"Well, time to change the topic. How's tour for you, Toby?" I ask. He just groans and places his forehead against Riley's left shoulder.

"He's pretty worn out. Since it's his first tour, he's not used to all of the energy release and lack of sleep," Riley says with a chuckle. I laugh, but then I start to cough.

"Hey, are you okay?" Thomas asks.

"Yeah, just a little cold. Nothing to worry about," I say.

"Yeah, that's what Toby said before he was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia," Riley says.

"Ugh, don't remind me about that," Toby groans, making us all laugh, but mine turns into a coughing fit.

"Alright, we're going to let you go. You're pretty pale, and that's not just because of the computer screen. Get some rest, okay?" Riley asks. I nod, and they all blow kisses before ending the call.

*     *     *

Okay, so maybe it wasn't just a little cold. I have a terrible case of laryngitis, and they said that I might not be able to talk ranging from a week to a month. A MONTH! Luckily, I gave my teachers doctor's notes, so they know what's going on.

Riley is currently concerned because when he calls me, I decline. I don't want him to know that I'm sick. He's going to pull a Connor and constantly text me or call me to see if I'm okay, and I really don't want to break up with him.

While I take Tank on a walk since Emily's at her office, my phone starts to ring. I loo at the caller ID and sigh before declining. I then go back to typing.

Like I said, being sick sucks. I can't speak, I can barely breathe without coughing, and now my boyfriend thinks I'm mad at him. I don't want him to know that I'm sick. He'll worry, and we'll end up like his brother and my friend. Broken up. I can't deal with that. I love him too-

I mentally curse when Riley's name pops up on Skype. I answer the call and grab my whiteboard. He's looking around his bunk, probably making sure that there isn't underwear anywhere, but when he sees me, he immediately stops, and his eyes start to water.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asks. I shake my head. "Then why are you ignoring me?"

I write down on my whiteboard: I can't speak.

"You can't speak?! What happened?"

I got laryngitis. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to end up like Connor and Emily.

"I would worry, but not to the point where I would ignore everybody and constantly text you or talk to you on Skype. We both need space from each other at some points in our lives, and tour is the perfect place to do it."

I'm sorry I didn't tell you.

"It's okay. I love you too much to stay mad at you. All that matters is that you're getting better. How long will you not be able to talk?"

It's ranging from a week to a month.

"Ooh, that sucks. Hopefully it's just a week. If not, I might go crazy from not hearing your wonderful voice." I blush at his cheesiness. "I love making you blush. It's so easy."

No fair! You know I hate it when I blush.

"True, but I love it, so I'm going to keep doing it until you learn to love it, and then I'll do it even more."

"Kaitlyn, it's time for you to take your medication," Emily says, walking in. I nod before leaving the room, leaving her with Riley.

A/N: This is still on hold, but Kaitlyn gave me a great idea for her POV since she couldn't really speak for a little while. Please vote, comment, and share! Comment ideas if you want this to be taken off of hold!