Chapter Nine: First

A/N: THE TITLE IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK (UNLESS YOU THINK IT'S HER JOB, THEN IT IS WHAT YOU THINK)

Emily's POV

My phone rings, and I look at the caller ID, hoping that it's Connor. When I see that it's not, I answer it quickly.

"What's up, Mac?" I answer.

"We have our first job together," she tells me. I sit up on my bed.

"No way! Who?" I ask.

"Some band called Flashpoint. Four teenage guys, and they all live in Seattle. I watched a live video that somebody put on YouTube, and they're good. Like, really good. I'm surprised that they haven't been discovered yet," she tells me. and I hear papers shuffling in the background.

"Well, maybe what they need is a little push," I say.

"And we're that little push."

********************

As I drive to the venue in Miami, I go through my checklist of needed items:

Camera: Check

Extra, fully charged batteries: Check

Empty memory cards: Check

Special lenses: Check

Camera bag: Check

Ticket: Check

Press pass: Check

Flash: Check

Neck strap: Check

Phone: Check

Money: Check

Wallet: Check

I sigh with relief when I realize that I remembered everything, and I pull into the parking lot for the venue. The brakes screech as I come to a halt, and a guy around my age flinches nearby. I put up my hood of Connor's sweatshirt and hop out of the truck.

"Yo, dude! You might want to change your brakes," he shouts. "A man like you doesn't deserve a truck like that!"

I take off my hood and turn to him. "Maybe, but a girl like me deserves it!"

"I-I'm sorry, I didn-"

"Dude, it's cool. Calm down," I say, holding up my hands. I grab my camera bag and phone, and I lock my truck before walking away.

After finding Mac, we show the guy up front our tickets and press passes. He scans our tickets and lets us in while the others complain about how it's "not fair" and "totally stupid". Mac shows me a picture of the guys, and we look around. I spot them, and we walk over.

"Hey guys!" Mac says immediately. I stand off to the side a little. "I'm Mac, and this is Emily. We talked on the phone the other day."

"Oh, yes, we did," the tallest with chesnut hair says. "I'm Ash, and these goobers are Jason, Jake, and Danny." He points to the dark redhead, the guy with the light brown hair, and the blonde kid in that order.

"Nice to meet you all. When is interviewing easiest for you guys?" she asks them. I take a couple of pictures of them and the stage.

"We perform first since we're an opening band, so after would be better," Ash tells her.

"I'm going to go take some pictures for school," I tell Mac. She nods, and I walk around with my camera.

After taking a few pictures of the merchandise tables, people start to flood in. I take pictures of them, and then the music starts to die down. I gently push through, flashing my press pass to the security guards, and they place me in front of the barricade. Flashpoint runs out, and I take pictures of them.

"Em, you know what would be a really cool shot?" Mac asks through my ear piece.

"A shot of the crowd at my level?" I ask.

"You know me so well," she says.

"Well, that's what happens when you get a partner. Expect a few," I tell her, and I turn to the crowd as they start to jump.

After getting the perfect picture of the crowd in mid-jump, I turn back to the stage. I snap a bunch of pictures, including some of Ash reaching out to touch fans. They leave the stage after a handful of songs, and I rush to the back. Once again, I flash my press pass, and the security guard lets me go by.

"Em, over here!" I hear Mac call when I'm looking around for her. I turn and see her with the guys, so I jog over.

They answer a few questions for her, and I take some pictures of the five of them. I listen to their answers, and one catches me.

"So, are there any specific bands that you want to tour with?" Mac asks.

"Oh, we really like Before You Exit, and since they're around our ages, we think it would be cool to tour with them," Danny says. I stop taking pictures.

"My boyfriend's in that band," I mumble. They all look at me.

"Which one is your boyfriend?" Jason asks.

"Connor McDonough," I say. They're eyes widen.

"No way! You're Emily Woodhams!" Jake exclaims. I nod. "Man, that's insane."

"Alright, back to the interview," I say, and I snap a picture.