Chapter Eleven: Open Up

A/N: ONCE AGAIN, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK (UNLESS YOU THINK IT'S ABOUT KAITLYN TALKING TO RILEY ABOUT HIM STARTING TO SHUT HER OUT OF HIS LIFE, THEN IT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU THINK.)

Kaitlyn's POV

It's happening again. The tension's building up between us. He won't talk to me about anything; not even about the band. He loves talking about the band. He loves telling me about the six year old fans that stop him at the store to take a picture with him. He loves telling me about the walks he takes Tank on when he's in the city. Now he's not even telling me about anything that happened in his day.

I really want him to open up, but I don't want to push him. I should be trying harder, but he should be trying as hard. He's not doing anything. Instead, he's making this barrier in between us even bigger. I don't know how to handle this, and nobody else knows.

I'm not the only one that he's doing this to. Mrs. McDonough can barely get a sentence out of him. She asked me if he was okay, and I couldn't lie to her. I told her that I honestly had no idea what his problem is. She's really worried about him.

It's like he shut down. His battery is low, but nobody can recharge it. He's a broken robot that can't get fixed. Nobody can get anything out of him besides a sentence.

If he doesn't try talking to me, I don't know what I'll do.

*****************

"What do you want to do today?" I ask. We're sitting on the couch, and I'm cuddling with him.

"I don't know," he mumbles.

"How was Brazil?" I then ask.

"It was cool," he says, watching the television.

"That's it? Nothing exciting happened?"

"We went to a different country to play a concert," he says. I sigh and stand up, and I walk towards the front door. "Where are you going?"

"I can't do this anymore," I say quietly.

"What?" he asks, muting the television. I turn to him.

"I can't take it anymore. I can't get you to talk to me about anything anymore. I'm nervous to tell you about a good grade I get in school because you've distanced yourself so much from me, and I'm not the only one that feels like this," I tell him.

"Who else feels that way?" he asks, standing up. He walks a little closer to me.

"Your own mother! She's worried sick about you! I ask you about the band, you say 'fine'. I ask you about school, you say 'okay'. I ask you about your friends, you say 'They're good'. I can barely get a full sentence out of you!

"I was hoping that it was just a little phase, like you were having writer's block, so you needed to think for a couple of days. It's been three months. I can't talk to you anymore because I don't know how to. You're like a stranger to me now. You need to open up a little. I want to know what's going on," I say. When he doesn't say anything after about ten seconds, I sigh.

"Call me when you're ready to talk," I say, and with that, I leave.

I walk home with the hope that he'll chase after me in the back of my mind. When I don't hear his footsteps, I turn my head.

He's not following.

I let myself into my house and go up to my room. I can't even look at the pictures of him that I have in here, I'm so upset. I flip the frames onto their fronts and automatically feel better.

I take a long shower, thinking about what I said to him. I was pretty harsh, but he's been like this for three months. I was the only one that spoke up about it. Everybody else was afraid, and I don't blame them. Riley can get pretty scary when he's angry, so I risked my dreams becoming nightmares just so that I could tell him what we all thought.

I want to go to Starbucks, but Riley could be there, getting drinks for him and his brothers. He always goes there when he's upset. I don't even know if I upset him. For all I know, he could be happy and calling a secret girlfriend, telling her that he's free, even though my intention wasn't breaking up with him. It sounded like I did, so maybe he thought we broke up.

God, I can't even think about breaking up right now.

I decide that the best thing to do is sleep on this, so I go to bed, putting my phone under my pillow in case he calls early in the morning.

A/N: Kaitlyn, I can't tell if this is short or not because I'm on my phone, so if it is, I am so sorry.

Vote and comment please!