3. Sunset

The familiar sound filled the room as everyone stopped and stared in just as much awe as I was. My smile widened as he began to sing, focused on nothing but me. More and more people had began to gather around, despite probably not knowing the song and by the end there were at least 20 people cheering and clapping along.

'And I know now, that I'm so down.......' He sang the last line and a part of me almost thought that he was about to go down on one knee, but what he did do was way better.

'Roxanne Amelia Elizabeth Johnson will you do me the honours of.....accompanying me to the 5 Seconds of Summer concert at Wembley Stadium this Sunday.' He brought out a pair of tickets and offered them to me. I was so over the moon that I began to cry with happiness as I took the tickets and jumped into his arms.

'YES YES YES,'tears streaming down my face. I was so elated that I'd forgotten that we were still surrounded by loads of people until they all began to cheer again. Feeling a little embarrassed, I let go of Blade but was still crying- I think it's fair to say that I was a mess. A complete mess.

'It's only a pair of tickets Roxie, they're not that close to the stage either! I tried to get ones that were closer but-' I hugged him again, reassuring him that I didn't care where we were sitting. 'It's perfect Blade! You're perfect!' With that, I leaned in and planted a kiss on his cheek. Blade's face turned pink as he was left standing there speechless. We've been friends for years and years and even though we're really close, I'd never done something like that before. Wondering if I'd misread the situation, I watched him shift from foot to foot, and back again.

After a few seconds, he stepped closer to me again and smiled, tucking a strand of my hair that covered my face behind my ear. He stepped even closer to me so I could feel his breath and he whispered in my ear 'You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do this,' before connecting his lips with mine. His kiss was so soft, but nonetheless, so powerful. He pulled away, leaving me wanting more - needing more. From then on, I knew everything would be different.

On our way home, we spoke about anything and everything from our thoughts on the new 5 Seconds of Summer song to what we wanted to be when we were older. Our conversation was even more eclectic, almost giddy.

As we reached the station, Blade looked at his phone then suddenly turned to me, panic in his eyes. 'It's 9 o'clock! I didn't realise we'd been out for so long!'

'Are you serious?! My mum's going to be so annoyed at me. I can't deal with her tonight, not on my birthday. I'm already not in her good books today, what am I going to do?' I worried, putting my head in my hands, hiding from reality for as long as possible, until my best friend pulled my hands away sympathetically. Hang on, were we more than best friends now?

'You could stay at my house tonight, my parents are at a party and won't be home till late, I can sneak you out in the morning. Just need to bribe my sister a little more.'

I laughed, shaking my head. 'Your sister's going to be rich by the end of this week, lucky thing.'

'So is that a yes?' he questioned. It was only now I noticed him looking at me like I was an intricate piece of art.

'I suppose so,' he moved in closer like he did earlier, sending shivers down my spine. 'I'd love to,' I corrected myself.

We stepped off of the train onto the platform just as the sun was about to set. Differents shades of orange filled the sky as the sun transformed into an insignificant dot, replaced by the moon. I slowed down, appreciating the sight. There's something about sunsets that never fails to surprise me, no sunset is ever the same. People around me began to get aggravated, as I was blocking their way so I moved to the side as I pulled out my phone to take a picture.

In my eyes, a perfect sunset is always a sign that it's going to be a perfect night.