4. Different

'What would you like for dinner m'lady?' Blade asked, impersonating a posh Englishman from the 19th century. Which, with his looks, didn't work at all. I chuckled as he picked up his father's glasses and put them on so they were perching on his nose. As if he could read my mind he said, 'The whole black hair and piercings doesn't go with the accent does it..?'

'Well, punk wasn't invented until the 1970's, but that doesn't mean that people in the 1800's didn't dress like you. I'm sure your ancestors were like you, I think the whole punk thing is in your genes.' Blade stared at me blankly like I'd spoken in gibberish.

'How am I friends with someone so know-it-all like you?' he pointed to my outfit, 'Looks can be so deceiving sometimes.' I wasn't sure whether to be offended or not by that comment.

'What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying that my looks make me seem stupid? Blade Archibald, don't be so stereotypical. I'll have you know that 80% of the population judge people's IQ's on their looks and don't stop to actually assess the person's abilities. Do you want to be a part of that high percentage?' He didn't answer. 'I didn't think so. Pizza.'

'Huh?'

'That's what I want for dinner. Margherita pizza, no cheese.'

'You're the only person I've ever met in this world who would want pizza without cheese, you might as well just get some toast and spread tomato soup over it!'

'That's not pizza though. Did you know that around 1 in 10-,' Blade suddenly kissed me, cutting me off mid-sentence before I had the chance to tell him another interesting fact. He obviously didn't find them very interesting.

A few hours later, me and Blade were both sitting on the sofa stuffing ourselves with pizza, Margherita with no cheese for me and Meaty Feast with extra meat for Blade. I was wearing my pajamas already as it was extremely cold, which you wouldn't think would be the case in October and Blade was wearing his hoodie, which I think looks amazing on him. I wasn't sitting as close as I usually would, which Blade had obviously picked up on.

'Rox why are you so far away?' I avoided eye contact with Blade, uncertain how to respond.. 'I don't bite. Well, I might for you,' he said playfully, leaning over to give me a small nudge.

'What is wrong with you today? Where's the Blade that would usually want to just put on Supernatural and be antisocial all night gone?' Blade shrugged, grabbing the remote from the coffee table. His house is almost like a second home for me, I think I know the ins and outs of every single room now. I've spent many of my hours curled up on his bed when everything at home was too much for me. He switched it over to Supernatural almost immediately and then looked back at me.

'Happy now? I was willing to actually pay attention to you tonight, considering it's your birthday and all but whatever makes you happy is fine with me.'

'I didn't say I didn't like the different version of you, I was just pointing out that you were acting out from the usual.'

'Well, I just thought we should do something you like to do on your birthday? I always choose all the stuff we do. I just wanted it to be special" Blade turned to face me, a bit hesitant.

'Oh believe me, it definitely has been special. The best 18th birthday I'll ever have.' I kissed him lightly, and turned back to the TV. 'Now let's watch some of your stupid shows.' I grinned.

A few hours later I woke up to realise I'd fallen asleep in Blade's lap who was still tentatively watching Supernatural. 'You're finally awake now. You've missed almost 3 episodes, it's getting really intense as well!' I looked up at him as I yawned and then sat up straight.

'I'm sure it is Blade, I'm sure it is.' Blade turned the TV off and turned to face me, grinning like he'd just entered a shop filled with old vinyls of his favourite band. 'Stop smiling at me like that, it's getting kind of creepy!'

'I think you need to go to bed Rox, you don't know what you're saying when you're tired. Goodnight m'lady.' Blade took my hand into his and lifted it up to place a soft and gentle kiss onto my hand. 'Sweet dreams.'

'Goodnight my not so American idiot.'