17 : Prank War

Setting: Mianite Season 2
Style: 1st Person/Jordan POV

"For the love of--Sparklez, what the hell is this?" Tom held up one of the bunnies I had released over his homestead.

"My prank, happy Pranksgiving," I blew a party horn and smiled cheerfully.

"Prank? Prank. You call this," he held up by the small bunny by the scruff of it's neck, "a prank." The man threw the bunny angrily, sending the poor creature to die by the owl dubbed Linda sitting in the trees. "It's not funny or even something that scared me, Sparkly-Dick, it's literally just as annoying as you are."

I pouted and lowered the party horn. "Tom, it's not supposed to scare you," I assured him.

He stared at me with his mouth agape. "Be creative, boy; a good prank leaves someone terrified or amused, not stepping in rabbit shit." With a sigh he sheathed his sword. "I'll prank you tonight, and I'll show you what a good prank is."

If he insisted. No one really did that big of a prank, except Declan, with Champwan's help, convinced us the world was ending. Honestly, I could not understand while Tom was so upset.

"Uh-huh, I guess I'll be seeing you," I took a few steps, about to fly off when Tom smirked, a devious expression crossing his face.

"Or will you, Sparkly-boy, or will you," Tom sniggered.

Oh boy...

...

Late that night, I heard a commotion from outside my bedroom. A loud air-horn sounded, stirring me from my slumber. Tumbling out of bed, I rubbed my eyes and stared at the one block high wall with a sign perched on top, "Have fun with the Zombie Apocalypse!" Past the one block high wall was zombies, hundreds of zombies all staring hungrily at me.

It was too late for this, I mean, I guess I could wait until morning to solve this.

A mini-zombie lead its small comrades over the small wall. I found myself at war sooner than I knew it.

Hours were spent destroying the zombies lurking around my house, even worst, the zombies killed the Ianiatas. Oh, Tom was going to have hell to pay when I got through with this.

Late into the morning, I finished cleaning out the absurd amounts of rotten flesh and zombie guts with a vacuum. It took a few showers and fresh clothes to make me feel clean.

Tom and I needed to have a chat.

"What was that?" I asked him, slamming his door as I entered his house.

"A prank; why, you mad?" he was already starting to laugh.

I put my hands on my hips, "Yes, I'm mad, how was that any better than the bunnies I put in your house."

"It just is," Tom said with a shrug. "Well, Pranksgiving is over, so we're going to put this behind us and move on."

"I don't think so," I shook my head. "I will find a way to get you back."

Tom set down his sword and slid over to me, he placed his hands on my hips and stared at me with a small smile.

"You will?" he asked leaning in.

"Tom, what are you doing?" I started inching backwards, but he followed me.

"Getting you back. Since you don't think the zombies were that much..." he leaned up and before he could press his lips to my mouth I kicked him in the groin.

"Shit, Sparklez, take a joke," Tom said, leaning over. "God, no wonder you're single."

"That wasn't very funny, Tom," I argued, backing up. "I'm going."

"You didn't seem to mind when I kissed you when you were asleep," Tom mumbled.

"What?" I asked and slowly turned around to look at him.

"Wot?" he shrugged and resumed his earlier forging. "I didn't say anything."

I shook my head, "On second thought, I'm done pranking you. Just," I sighed, "don't come into my house again, Tom."