23: Apprentice-Shipping: Later (Part 1)

Setting: Mianite Season 3 (AU)

---Fun Fact: Our heroes are NOT going back to the Season 1 world, but based on MrMadSpy's reply on reddit, I think the NPC's are. The NPC's will not be in Mianite Season 3 according to writers MrMadSpy and Chimalus, other writers only seem to confirm this. MMO is also, as of now, not connected to Season 3, the writers of Mianite MMO that have a reddit have confirmed the story lines are not the same. That's why, for all purposes, this is an AU since it will not line up with the events to happen in Season 3.

Summary: What's the best way to get two fools together? To tear them uncomfortably apart. In which Mot and Dianite play cupid to get Jordan and Tom together, but they don't do it like ordinary people do. Split into 2-3 parts. Does contain Motanite, just for those opposed to it.

...

"Tom, that wasn't funny," Jordan shouted, clutching at his leg.

He limped towards Tom's house. The Dianitee had left it above ground, thankfully, but for most, Tom's house was still farther away than anyone else's. Except, Jordan lived near him by sheer coincidence. Jordan had been unable to return to his old house, because Spark had taken over it. Truthfully, Jordan had been avoiding Spark, Jeriah and Alyssa as well as his own Goddess and had set up relatively far away from the old town. Of course, Tom had the same idea. The younger man found Jordan living near him benefitted him and he would raid Jordan's house whenever he needed something. Slowly, the two were becoming reluctant neighbors, but currently, one of those said raids had taken place and Tom left a gift in return.

"I don't know what you mean," Tom said, reclining on the patio he had time to build between stealing things from Jordan and goofing off.

"You know exactly what I mean," the Ianitee replied with an annoyed tone.

Jordan held up the trap he'd gotten his leg snared in. A wire trap meant to string someone up by their ankle. As catchy as it sounds in movies, Jordan was pretty sure his leg had been damaged from being tugged from under his body and left to support all of his weight.

Tom smiled and waved it off. "It didn't hurt that much, did it now, Sparkly-pants?"

Sighing, Jordan sat on the corner of Tom's patio, relaxing his pulled leg. "It hurt a lot, Tom," he said after a moment.

"Are you mad?" Tom asked.

"No, but I'm getting tired of this. Can't you ask for supplies?" Tom looked at his feet. "Really now, I'd share some with you," Jordan insisted.

"You better," Tom said grudgingly after a moment. "Yeah, I'll lay off. Us two gotta stick together, we're the only real homies now."

"Yeah, sure," Jordan ran a hand through his hair and leaned against the railing of the patio, closing his eyes. Walking over to Tom's home with an injured leg took a lot out of him.

Tom watched him lazily before getting comfortable in his recliner again. The two drifted into comfortable silence, a gentle peace filling them. The wind brushed past the grass and through the trees with a sweet warmth, carrying scents of flowers and oak as it weaved through the hair of the two men, like a child running care free through the woods.

A man with a marred face approached, despite the nice weather he still wore a jacket, gloves and a scarf. No doubt obscuring the rest of the abomination on his skin. He raised an eyebrow at the two men relaxing and his lips perked up in a smirk.

"So this is where you two are hiding at?" Mot said with a low whistle. "Though I thought I'd be finding one house when I came over here."

"You implying something?" Tom growled, closing his eyes.