....Holy Shit

"White."

"Dark pink."

"Orange."

"What the fuck are you guys smoking?"

Emmarosa, Randi, and AnnaMae's suggestions were all shot down immediately but the blank look on Bee's face. The four women were sitting at the bar while I worked, and were discussing colors for Bee's wedding. Well, mostly arguing.

"What? What's wrong with dark pink?" Randi tried to justify. Bee gave her a disgusted look as I poured a man's Bloody Mary.

"Because one of those two words starts with P, ends with K, and has I and N as the middle letters," Bee replied flatly as Randi rolled her eyes.

"What about white?" Emmie suggested again. "It's a nice light color. Traditional, too." But Bee shook her head. She turned her yellow head to AnnaMae, who put her hands up in surrender.

"I'm not even going to try," she said in defeat. She turned to me. "Kanojo wa seishiki ni watashi ga imamade mita naka de mottomo gankona hanayomedesu (She is officially the most stubborn bride I have ever seen) ," she said to me in Japanese.

"Gōi shita (Agreed)." I murmured back. Bee glared at us, knowing we were talking about her, but had no clue what we were saying. I smirked and continued to wipe spilled beer off the counter.

"What about you, AnnaMae?" asked Bee evilly. AnnaMae's eyes immediately widened as the table was turned on her. "You still don't have a dress." The Asian girl blushed and looked down.

"Actually...," she trailed off, pulling out her phone. "...I was hoping to wear my mother's wedding kimono." Scrolling through her phone quickly, she showed us a picture of a beautiful, colorful dress-like kimono. (PIC IN THE BOX)

It held a rainbow of vibrant colors, along with many birds, flowers, and other patterns sown into the silk. Underneath it was a long white robe, held to get her with a wide sash that covered almost the entire stomach.

"Wow..."

"Oh my god, that's so perfect!"

"It's beautiful, AnnaMae!"

"Matt won't be able to control himself!"

I simply rolled my eyes. After a moment, I realized that they had ceased talking and glaced up, to see all eyes were on me, staring. I furrowed my brow.

"What?" I demanded, and Randi cracked a small, confident smile.

"Briar, you've gone soft," she stated. My dark eyes widened and my hand, which had been cleaning a glass, froze. "Your tough exterior is wearing thin, hun. Now that you have a man in your life, you get a piece of that cold stone heart of yours cracked off day by day." After a moment, I spoke up.

"Are you having a laugh?" I inquired harshly. "What d'ya mean, I've 'gone soft'?" This time, Bee spoke.

"By now, you would've made some smart ass comment about how girly are," she explained. "But you haven't. Face it, Bri. Zacky's made you soft." Anger flared inside me as I fumed. Me? Soft? They must be joking! I gritted my teeth and Emmarosa noticed this.

"It's not really a bad thing," Emmie added quickly. "It's just that, for whatever reason, you set up walls and defenses around you mind and heart and you don't let anyone in or trust them. But now, Zacky's in and is opening you up. He's showing you what being loved is like, and it's making you more trusting." That's it. I had heard enough.

Yanking off my half apron, I stormed out of the bar, fists at my side. How dare they! I was not soft. I was not trusting. I was cold, tough, and ruthless, and that's the way it would remain.