Ch 14. Cause for the first time in forever, i will be right here

Rebecca's POV

The sound of three vehicles followed us into a dark part of the forest. Blue and the girls still racing with adrenaline. They all laughed in excitement as Owen came up next to them.

For the first time Ever, they were a pack.

They all soon started to slow down and stopped at two huge trees.

Rebecca could hear the men getting their weapons ready, but ignored it as a loud crack was heard.

She looked up to be met by Kaz, who looked heart broken.

"Kaz" she whispered in a voice the humans couldn't understand.

"Rebecca" he said lowly.

Tears were now staining her face as they rushed like waterfalls.
But before she could think she rushed forward and tried to rap her tiny arms around her best friend. Her hug was returned by Kaz putting his head against her back.

"Kaz please come with us, we can start over. Please just stop this madness" Rebecca begged.

" 'Becca, you know what will happen if I do that. The moment I let my guard down, they'll put me down" Kaz said with a low voice.

'Becca heard a chirp behind her and remembered the raptors.

"Kaz, these are my friends. Blue, Delta, Echo, and Charlie". They all nodded their heads as she said their names and said soft 'Hi's' or 'hellos'.

After that Kazmir decided it was time.

"Rebecca, I need your and the raptors help"

"Of course anything" Rebecca said quickly.

"I need you five to distract the humans while I get away" he replied.

"What if the girls get hurt" she asked worriedly.

"They'll have you to protect them. That us if your in?"

She paused for a bit, but already knew her answer. She had to protect the girls no matter what.

"I'll do it".

With that she turned into her dragon form and they all turned around to stair at the others. She saw Owens panicked face and almost stopped.

Almost.

Owen then yelled fire and the sky lit up with color.

They all ran off and Rebecca glared at Owen. But she couldn't hold it and it turned into a look of betrayal.

She ran and followed Charlie and attacked anyone who came near her.

It was the first time she ever really hurt someone, and she loved it. She loved the feeling of adrenaline and the rush she got when it happened.

She just couldn't stop.

She truly was a monster.

This sudden thought made her stop immediately. Monster? Is that really what she is?

She quickly ran over to Charlie just as she attacked someone.

"Charlie we have to stop" she yelled.

Charlie looked at her with those big eyes, those eyes that sought expectance. Suddenly Owen came out and froze at the sight of the two.

Charlie slowly came over to him, her alpha. Her friend.

She snuggled herself into him and let out a purr. Rebecca heard a loud shot and saw a torpedo head right for Charlie and Owen.

So before she could think she lurched forward and rapped her body around the two.

A sudden pain made her scream out, but after she was sure they were ok she collapsed to the side.

" Rebecca" Owen screamed while Charlie screeched. They both came over as she slowly, and painfully shifted to her human form.

Owen gently turned her on her back and rapped his jacket around it to stop the bleeding. He also noticed the large burns that caused said bleeding. He'd have to get some ointment on that as soon as possible.

He lifted up her shaking body and set her on top of Charlie, they both ran back to Owens bike and tried to catch up to the large car with their friends.

They passed a fallen Echo and a angry Delta. As they ran Charlie heard "Traitor". But ignored it, her job was to protect Rebecca. Rebecca protected her, so it's her turn to return the favor.

As they neared the back they saw the boys getting ready to zap Charlie.

"Let her in, she's on our side" Owen shouted to them. They nodded their heads and made room for her to jump, and she did just that.

As soon as she was safe she set Rebecca down and rapped herself around her protectively. Her head on 'Becca's lap, waiting for her to wake up.

She started whimpering, then felt a hand on her head. It was shaky at first but soon relaxed as she pushed her head into it.

A second hand joined it and Charlie purred.

Chuckles sounded through the van.

She soon fell asleep to the soothing sound.

________________________

Hey I hope you like the chapter.

there's more where that came from

But because it is a family weekend I may not update for two or three days

Thanks for reading

Tyler Rae