Chapter Five

Lily relised she had stepped out of line and was regretting what she said now, after all this was his home.

"How dare you speak to me like that you little hussy" he barked.

"How dare YOU" she said shocked. "And I think you will find I am far from it" crossing her arms in front of her torso, stood staring at this despicable man.

"Oh forgive me, for I did not know innocent young woman exposed them selfs like that"

Lily could not believe how he was speaking to her. Did Mary not say that he was shy? She thought.

"Now out of my sight, I do not want to see you in here again" he said, sitting back down on the leather chair.

Walking over to the drinks cabnet Lily help herself to some, not knowing what it was that she poured in to the crystal glass just hoping for the best.

"I will leave after you have apologised" she said firmly over her shoulder.

Lily was not sure if she was beginning to take things a bit too far, but she would prefer to break the ice in some way and try to recover from this dreadful first encounter.

After all where else could I go if I am no longer welcome here. She thought selfishly.

"Is that right?" He asked rasing his eyebrows. "Then I believe you will be here all night"

"Well if it will take that long for you to get the courage to do so, then that is fine by me" she smiled satisfied with herself.

After collecting the book that fell to the floor Lily sat on the chair at the other side of his desk draping her legs over side as she did before.

If he thinks I am a hussy, I may as well act like one. She thought harshly.

Lily began to read the book but did not have a clue what it was saying, she just couldn't take in the old fashioned way of writing and words. So instead closing it back over and began to drum her fingernails on the hard surface.

"Do you mind?"

"Oh I am terribly sorry for I did not notice you were doing very important work in your study" she mocked, looking at him as he sat with his hands behind his head and feet above the desk relaxing.

"Just because you can not read does not mean you have to irritate me"

"I can so" she answered back. "And how is anyone ament to read here when it looks like your stuck in the dark ages"

Marching over to the other window that was closer to the desk ready to open the curtains he warned her not to do so, but Lily chose not to listen and opened them anyway. Within an instance he shot to her side and on her turning back round put his large hand around her throat pinning her to the wall behind.

Lily was shocked at his actions, for she did not think he would act in such a way. Her eyes opened wide in fear not knowing what to expect next.

He loosened his grip ashamed of his behaviour and stormed out of the room leaving the door wide open and Lily stood in stunned silence watching.

* * * * * * * * *

William paced back and forth in his bed chambers mortified with his actions towards Lily. He could barely blame her for wanting to open the curtains it was not her fault he sat in darkness wasting away in his depression.

She did not listen when I told her not to touch them, I did not want her to see me. I dont want anyone to see me this way thats why I shut myself away from the rest of the world. After all do they not say out of sight out of mind. He hoped so in this case, he would hate to think people were still talking about what had happened like it was one of the greatest things to have occurred.

Stopping infront of the full length mirror he removed the white sheet that covered it and stared at the strange ugly form that looked back at him. He could still not believe that it was himself looking back, that was part of the reason all mirrors had been removed minis this one that he chose to cover, thinking being in denial was much easier than accepting what had happened to him. Most his faced disfigured with scar like marks all over only a small patch left around his mouth and part of his cheek, the only evidence left on his face that proved he once was handsome with a clear and smooth completion.

William could not remember the last time he had seen himself, choosing not to do so it was just too much to take in. For if he could not stand to look at himself how could others?

Running his hands through his dark brown hair trying to contol the anger itching to burst out from inside of him.

What he had done kept on replaying over and over in his mind, the look of fear in those beautiful enchanting eyes. Not once did she look at him in disgust but directly into his eyes while he was behaving like a monster.

What if Mary is right. . . Could she be the one to break this curse? Even if that was the case I have certainly blown it now.

I have to apologise, but how? Surely she will not want to be in my company again.

Making a quick exit from his room he marched down the long corridor heading towards the stairs.

Copyright © 2015 [brandded]. All Rights Reserved.