Chapter Nineteen

It had took a while for Lily to feel relaxed enough to finally give in to her drowsiness, William had promised to make sure no one left her side she was glad she no longer cared if she was a burden anymore she was far to petrified to be left alone anymore.

Lily slowly opened her eyes, the room was all dark minus the one candle flame that helped relieve some of the darkness. She slowly spun her head round to make sure someone was here with her, but as soon as she done so she wished that she was here alone, for a maid was stood over her bed harbouring a knife just dangling above her body the look on the woman's face was emotionless as though she may be here in body but not in soul.

'He is mine' she said with a deep demonic voice.

Lily jumped up on all fours on the bed slowing backing of, of it to stand up on the floor. The woman not once taking her eyes of her.

Lily looked to the woman who was slowly walking round the bed to where Lily was. She looked to her and then to the door questioning herself if she would make it, without giving it a second thought she rushed to pull open the Handel but just as it opened the woman was behind her and slammed the door shut and grabbed Lily by the back of the hair pulling her down to the ground with such force she fell down winding herself unable to take a breath.

The woman jumped on top of her,  once again holding the knife with her two hands above her body. Lily was unable to try and to wriggle free her arms where trapped under the woman's legs, held there like prisoners.

'You should be dead' she said.

Lily pushed her body up from the floor in an attempt to make the woman lose her balance but it was no use she bared all the woman's weight on top of her.

The woman pulled back her arms ready to plunge the knife into the top of Lily's chest. She closed her eyes and with all the might she could rustle up she forced herself up of, of the floor rolling on to her side making the woman fall to the ground, the knife landing a safe distance away from her.

Lily crawled to get it, rushing as she done so but the woman grabbed her ankle and pulled on it making her land face first to the solid floorboards below. She let out a loud groan as her forehead  was cut open on impact and the blood flowed down her face.

Lily kicked the woman in the face with her other foot, which made her release get ankle and gave her another chance to grab the knife.

Lily was in such a panic trying to pick the knife up, it just kept slipping out of her blood soaked shacking hands, and it was not until her third attempt that she managed to securely grab it in her right hand.

Holding it out away from her body the blade facing the woman that slowly rose from the floor and walked towards her.

'Don't come any closer' Lily said, her voice shrieked with panic.

But the woman just laughed and continued to come closer.

Lily kept on taking steps backwards, until she reached the wall next to the door that joint onto Williams room.

She tried to twist the handle all the while keeping her eyes on the woman that still continued to follow her, but it was no use the door was locked.

Lily was beginning to give up all hope of survival.

'Stay back' she warned, but the woman just laughed and stood in front of the knife that Lily was holding, and grabbed her hand that held the knife with both of hers and plunged the knife into her own chest causing her to fall to the floor with the knife sticking out of her torso.

Just then a gust of wind blow out the room with the voice of a laughing woman and left Lily with the injured body who was chocking on her own blood and Lily stood frozen on the spot where she stood  as she seen the woman's life leave her body.

Lily fell to the floor her back against the  wall, she brought her knees up pressed against her chest, and cried like she has never cried before.

**************

Lily did not know how long she sat there for, but the room was in complete darkness now. She slowly rose to her feet holding on to the wall, using it to help guide her to the door. She opened it up and wandered down the hall not knowing where her feet where taking her, she just needed to get out of that room, needed to find William.

She got to the top of the stairs and heard a scream.

Mary was there at the bottom looking up at her, covered head to toe in blood.