Chapter Eleven

Lily had never felt so alone than she did at this moment.

William is most certainly avoiding me, and Mary is far to busy to listen or watch me mope around felling sorry for myself just because I can not answer the questions in my own mind.

Lily had decided to work in the garden again finding it quite peaceful and helping her clear her mind, until her problems popped up in her mind again and she took her frustration out in the mud as she repeatedly stabbed the fork in to it.

Hearing the metal gate open behind her she stopped to take a look as it was unusual for visitors to come here, and as Lily turned around to investigate a group of men, woman and children slowly walked up the path watching her.

Lily was sad to see them for they looked frightened.

Probably how I looked when I first came here. She thought. But these people seem to know this place looking up at the building as though the have fond memory's although frightened of what lay behind the walls.

Anger consumed her body for she thought they where scared of the man that she was possibly falling in love with.

Returning to her work after giving a small forced smile to the elderly man who had done so himself, not wanting to say anything to them that would make them feel anymore uncomfortable but more importantly of all is that she does not upset William anymore than she somehow has.

"Well Jack I think that beauty over there has answered our questions" said Trudie slightly nudging her head towards Lily's direction.

"Now, now my dear I'm sure she can hear you." He replied patting her hand and placing it in the crook of his arm continuing to lead the way to the main door.

"Well you said so yourself Jack that it would take a beautiful woman inside and out to transform that man. Or have you possibly forgotten how much of a rake he was? And you know as well as me that it was his behaviour that got him in his situation in the first place"

"Now Trudie, that is enofe of that talk. Oh do not look at me like that you know I do not like to tell you of like a little naughty child, but if you are to be working back here then you must remember your place."

"Yes Jack I suppose you are right please forgive me, my excitement must be overcoming my common-sense"

"Well I'm glad that awkward conversation is over with, that young woman heard every word that was spoken". Said the young man following behind causing everyone to have one finale look towards Lily.

"Oh dear, I seem to always put my foot in it don't I Jack and before I have even entered the building".

**************

Once everyone was greeted at the door and out of sight Lily stopped what she was doing. Before she thought there was a lot to think about but now her head was swimming with lots of unanswered questions.

Only one thing for it. She thought. I have to go and investigate myself, find out what that gossip was talking about. Oh why do I need to know everything? One day I can see it getting me into a lot of trouble.

Lily made her way around the building and entered the side door that would lead her to the servants staircase. Quietly walking up looking behind her making sure that she won't be seen for she had to find something.

Just something that will ease my mind, but what? I don't even know what I'm looking for.

Lily reached the top of the stairs ready to turn the corner when she bumped into a solid form that was infront of her. Turning her head in that direction she was shocked to see that it was William.

"So it must be true". She said, William oblivious of what she was talking about raising his eyebrows for an explanation.

"You are avoiding me".

"And what makes you think that?" He asked.

"Well I have not seen you since you sneaked into my room, and that was two days ago. And you have been no where in sight and why else would you be using these stairs?"

"Well I could ask you the same thing, couldn't I?"

"Yes thank you for turning this all around on me, but I think you will find I am using these stairs because I am all dirty and there is visitors".

"Okay. And I am using these stairs because of the visitors and they are currently in the kitchen".

"Oh, well if you will excuse me please I have to change"

William took hold of her arm just as she was about to pass him "please don't be like this"

"Like what William? Frustrated? Angry? Confused? Or perhaps wondering if you will only bother with me when you decide to sneak into my room and finish of what you started. Is that all you want from me?"

"I'm sorry, I have had a lot on my mind"

"So have I"

"I know, and I hope you understand that part of the reason you have not seen me again is because I do not trust myself in your presents as you have probably noticed I can't seem to keep my hands of you"

"Yes well it would be nice if you could relies that I have a heart and not a swinging brick, shutting me out without an explanation has hurt me"

William stood In front of her tenderly stroking her cheek "I know I can see the pain in your eyes, please forgive me for I would not be able to forgive myself unless you do so".

Lily removed his hand from her face "we'll see"

"Join me for dinner tonight, what do you say?"

Without an answer Lily turned around and walked towards her room.

Copyright © 2016 all rights reserved [brandded].