t e n

Sierra Wilson

Pushing open the front door, Shawn and I enter the house.

I take off my jacket, trying to ignore the chills running through my body.

"Want anything to drink?" I say, walking into the kitchen as Shawn trails behind me.

"Just a water please" Shawn smiles, resting his elbows on the counter.

Opening the fridge, I take out two waters and slide one across the counter, passing it to him.

"Thanks" Shawn says, running his fingers through his fluffy brown hair.

We take our drinks into the living room and we take a seat on the couch.

"So what's the plan" I say taking a deep breath, I relax my shoulders and turn to face Shawn.

He laughs and shakes his head, " I don't know yet" he laughs.

"I know, I was only teasing" I say, fake punching him in the arm.

"Well what do you think we should do?, I mean you know his schedule best" Shawn says resting his eyes on mine.

"Well I'm not sure but maybe we could pay him a visit at work, I mean I kinda do want to know why he works so late in the office when he can just come home."

"Yeah that could work" Shawn says, nodding his head in approval.

"You could tell him the night before that your spending the night at a friends house, when really your spending the night at my house and we can spy on him at work, all you need to do is figure out when he's working late" Shawn offers.

I don't say anything, I just silently nod my head in approval and stare at the floor.

"Hey, what's wrong" Shawn says, noticing my discomfort he wraps his arm around my shoulders comfortably.

"I don't know, I'm just worried, I mean what if he really is cheating on me" I say, diverting my gaze, so I'm staring into Shawn's beautiful brown orbs.

"Then it's ok because i'll always be here for you" Shawn whispers, rubbing his hand smoothly on my back in soft circular motions.

I press my face into his shoulder and inhale his musky scents.

Shawn wraps his muscular arms around me tightly and we just stay that way, his arms wrapped around my petite body and me all wrapped up in his tight, comforting embrace.

I feel safe in his arms.

Safer than when I'm with Dillon.

I shift my body a little and Shawn releases me from his grip.

We turn so were both facing each other.

"Shawn I think I know something, something that I was unsure of before."

"What's that" he says, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

"That I love you."

-

Thoughts on this chapter?

I have so many plans for this book, like I just wanna keep writing all day.

I hope you guys are enjoying this book, I really love hearing your feedback and your positive comments, it really makes my day ((:

-meg xx