t h i r t e e n

Sierra Wilson

Shawn and I exit the bowling alley where we had went after our picnic.

He laces our fingers together as we head to the car.

"So I was thinking we could just head back to my place now. Then we can go over our plan for tonight." He keeps his eyes focused on the road.

"Yeah that sound good." I let out a deep breath, slightly slumping my shoulders.

I'm still nervous about tonight, so many things could go wrong, we could get caught or Dillon could actually be cheating.

Soon Shawn's house comes into view and we're pulling into the driveway.

We exit the car and Shawn being the gentleman he is, carried my bag into the house.

As I trailed behind him, to the front door, I couldn't help but focus my eyes on his back muscles and think about how good he looked without a shirt.

I silently groaned knowing that I shouldn't be getting to attached to Shawn, Dillon might not be cheating.

* * *

A little while later we're all settled onto the couch.

Shawn scoots his body a little closer to me and pulls my tightly into his chest, holding me close.

I stiffen up, trying to control myself.

He calmly presses a soft kiss to my forehead, I release myself from his grip and scoot to the other end of the couch and put my legs onto his lap.

"Sierra, what's wrong?" Shawn asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Nothing, I'm just nervous about tonight" it's partly true.

"It's ok baby girl, I'm here for you."

His voice sends chills through my spine, I have to control myself.

He pulls me up, bringing me closer to him. He tilts my chin up slowly examining my face.

"Your so pretty" he breathes.

He slowly brings his face closer to mine, closing the gap between our faces.

He slowly yet passionately kisses me but I don't kiss back.

"Sierra what the hell is wrong, you had no problem with me earlier, what is it now? First you say you love me and your kissing me and now your being distant."

I can feel the tears forming in my eyes. I stand up from my spot walking out of the room, not wanting Shawn to see me cry.

I walk down the hall into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. The cold tiles send chills through my feet.

A moment later a soft knock comes to the door.

"Sierra, I'm so sorry, I'm such a jerk I know, just please let me in."

I know deep down I'm not actually mad at him, I'm mad at myself.

"Yeah come in, the doors unlocked" I quickly wipe away my tears.

"Hey I'm really sorry, I didn't mean it, I know I shouldn't be yelling at you right now, your having a rough time and I need to be here for you" Shawn smiles softly, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Thanks Shawn, you deserve an explanation, I've been trying to tell myself not to get to attached to you in case Dillon isn't actually cheating on me, because I still love him, we've been together for 2 years, that's hard to let go of" I sniffle.

"Come here." Shawn extends his arms pulling me into them, where I feel safe.

He hugs me tightly and I don't think I ever want him to let go.

"Look at me Shawn, I'm a mess, when I look in the mirror I see a nervous wreck, sad, anxious and untrustworthy , I mean I am cheating on Dillon with you.

"You know what I see?" he smiles wrapping his arms around my waist from behind, turning us so were facing the mirror, our reflections staring at us.

"I see a beautiful girl she's caring and kind, she has great lips and an amazing smile and i'll always be there for her."

I smile at his words, I turn around so I'm facing him, I place my hands on his cheeks, staring into his beautiful brown orbs, I lean in and connect my lips with his, they move perfectly in sync, "you know I love you right?" I smile.

He nods his head and pulls me out of the bathroom.

"I hate to bring this up now but what's our plan." Shawn awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

"It's fine, plus I've had this all planned out for the last two weeks, it's all I've thought about when I couldn't sleep."

Shawn nods his head, attentively listening as every word leaves my mouth.

"So, I figured tonight was the perfect night since Dillon said that he would be getting off at 10 but he said that if he wasn't finished his work he would be staying later." I let out a heavy breath, getting ready to carry on.

"At 9:45 we'll leave here, giving us 15 minutes to get there, we can hide out in the waiting room for about ten minutes to see if he's leaving or not, if be doesn't then we'll sneak up to his office and see if he's there."

"That sounds good, and hey, just remember that whatever happens, I'm here for you" Shawn says, sending me a reassuring smile, that made my heart melt.

He leans in closer, and I connect my lips to his, admiring how they move perfectly in sync.

We pull apart and we are left staring into each others eyes.

"Shawn, just so you know, whatever happens, I love you, I really do."

He smiles a little, connecting his lips to mine, once again.

-

I feel like this was a shorter chapter but I don't mind because I think it was pretty good so...

Anyway this book was nominated under best Shawn fanfic in @mendessmuffin 's fanfic awards book and voting is now open!

So if you voted for this book it would mean the world to me!! you can vote as many times as you like.

-megan