Reunited

-DJ's POV-

I lay on my bed, staring at my phone... No notifications, or anything.

Life was boring without Emma. I had left for Texas about 2 weeks ago. Now I'm with Preston in Texas, and when you have nothing to do, you just end of sitting around, and staring at the tv, waiting for something interesting to come on. Like the walking dead. Mostly on Netflix though.

I rolled back and fourth in my bed, awaiting for a message to pop up or something, and then it came up.... It was Emma!!

I quickly scanned the text:
Can't talk for long, plane is landing. Long story short Lachlan wanted to take me away from home so I got a new plane ticket and snuck out of the house, got on the plane and I'm headed to California so look out for that. Maybe meet me here soon. Ttyl.

I couldn't believe what I just read!! She's in California!!! And she snuck out of going to Australia!! I panicked and then went to Preston.

Preston looked worried....

"Uhh.... P? Wuzzup? You okay? You look like a cactus who lost its prick!" I said.

"Huh? Oh... Yeah. Lachlan is so worried and I didn't know how to tell you... Emma is missing, Lachlan looked everywhere and he said that everything was gone. He figured she was kidnapped and stole all of her stuff too..." Preston said quickly, trying to get the moment over with.

"Ohhh----" I kinda trailed off, "yeah... Sucks. He will find her!" I quickly ran back to my room, hoping I didn't spoil anything... I quickly ate my words...

Preston came into my room, still as worried as can be.

"DJ? You good? I thought you would have been more... Concerned about it. Like running around and stuff, and I would have to calm you down."

I had to think of something to say fast...

"Well because I haven't seen Emma for awhile I don't know how to react. I just have been so focused on other things, cuz Emma isn't around anymore..." I said.

Preston looked sorry for me, and I felt bad keeping this big of a secret, planning to sneak to Cali, and meeting Emma there. But I had to, for Emma's and my sake.

I stalled until Preston left, then quickly went to the computer. I texted Emma on skype to get the details.

She said I should meet her there in about a week if I could, and to bring anything I could that could fit in a backpack and a suitcase. And to leave no trace.

I decided to leave as fast as possible. So I started to pack silently, and when I heard a noise, I would shove everything under the bed.

I got everything packed, and I hid the suitcase, and I "went to bed" and waited till Preston went to sleep.

I then took my suitcase and slowly and carefully walked to the balcony and then slid my suitcase down the railing, with me following, and I rushed to the airport that was surprisingly close.

I bought a plane ticket to Cali and soon enough, my flight came up. I boarded the plane and I texted Emma, making sure she knew I was in on this.

I thought Texas was hot, Cali is probably worse. We landed and I texted Emma. In exchange I received a text from... Oh no... Preston... His text read:
Where the fudge are you? This isn't funny DJ! COME HERE NOW!

I panicked and I stood there, frozen with fear... He misses me... He's worried for me! What do it do? Then the first thought that comes to my head... Emma...

I quickly text Emma, and her response is to just tell him to stay calm, or not say anything.

My response to Preston:
I'm fine, don't worry about me Preston. Just, keep calm. Please. I can't explain now.... I... I'm just sorry...

And with that I ended my conversation with Preston... But now I felt so bad but I did what had to be done.

Emma texted me more details:
Okay so I will meet you at the airport. South Exit Airlines?

I responded with a yes and I just waited around, and got some food. Then I saw Emma... We were now Reunited.