The Change That Would Last

-DJ's POV-

Yesterday had passed, and the skatepark was amazing and we all got new skateboards at the end, because we ended up recking them while skating.

Anywho, today is when I'm getting something for good... I'm getting a tattoo.

I have no idea what I want to get, but Emma said she had an idea, I just had to keep an open mind, and it was big, so I had to be brave, as if I was a little kid or something.

I trusted her, for some odd reason, but I knew she wouldn't mess around with something like this, because this is forever.

I did my morning thing, got up, took a shower, keeping my hair out of the water that poured from the shower head. And brushed my hair, and cleaned my piercings.

I walked out with Emma... Already awake?

"Um... Hey Emma. You're up... at a reasonable time." I said, looking at the clock on my phone.

"Yeah, I've been looking up more tattoo ideas or possibilities for you. And it's gonna be big, that's that." She said, looking up and down from my face to the computer screen, as conversation was on and off.

"Make sure it's good." I said, sitting down.

"It's 1:30, better hurry up with that tattoo idea." I said, trying to peak over her shoulder, but she would nudge me aside whenever I did.

"Okay... I have an idea, but I will show you later. Get ready for when Maddie gets here." Emma said, getting up and grabbing some chips from the kitchen.

"I am ready." I said. "I just need to put on my shoes and I'm good to go." I finished.

Time passed and eventually Maddie got here, and we left, with Emma telling me which way to go to get to the shop.

Emma finally told me what I was going to get. They were wings that will be tattooed onto my back, and it was so realistic.

To be honest, this was gonna take a couple of sessions, but Emma said a guy there will do it in one, which is surprising, but true.

We got there and I was horrified. I heard the buzzing of the tattoo guns, but the walls were covered in designs, and the tattooists looked really cool.

"Back again princess? Oh! And with a makeover..." A man said, and I take it this was Emma's tattoo artist.

"Yeah, but I'm here with my good friends DJ, and Maddie, and they will be getting a tattoo today." Emma said, "Maddie's is small and easy, so it won't take much time, but DJ's will take a LONG time." She finished.

"All I've got is time, that's my job, ain't it?" The man said, "Come on..." He said, motioning me to the back.

"So... We just go to the back and he does his thing?" I whispered to Emma.

"Yeah, he can numb it if you want, I mean... You will feel it, but it won't hurt that much." Emma said.

I nodded

We were in he back and Emma showed the man the picture, and he drew the stencil, then sprayed my back, and place the stencil on, then peeled it off, and it look really cool as is.

"Can't we just keep it like this? I mean... It looks great!" I stuttered, with a nervous smile.

"Nope, we gotta make that permanent." Emma said, along with the tattoo man.

"What's you name?" I asked the man.

"Romeo, and I know... The names bit' ironic, but I live with it." He said

Hmm... Romeo...

Before, I had my back numbed, and then I laid down onto my stomach.

Is I lie down, I heard the buzzing, and my fists clenched in fear.

It sounds wrong, but my hand shot up for Emma's just as the gun hit my back, And I'm usually tough, but this hurt... Badly....

Hours went by and he would pick up the gun occasionally, both to give the gun a rest, and re-dip it into the ink, or to relieve me from my pain for a short minute.

My head turned and Maddie's eyes were wide, as if she was scared for me... I don't blame her.

"How.... How much longer?" I asked as Romeo lifted the gun.

"Uh... It's been like 5 hours... I would say about 5 to 6 more to go, if you want good detail." He said, dipping the gun tip into the ink and the buzzing went again, and my fists clenched again.

My eyes went to Emma, and she was looking strait at me, and said Yalarr, just to give me a giggle and try to take my mind off the pain.

So many hours went by, but it was done... Thank god...

I looked Into the mirror, and I couldn't believe my eyes. I had realistic wings that looked as if they drifted off my back, and the detail was incredible. It seemed that the wings came from holes in my back, and looked almost like devil wings!

After I stared for some time, he wrapped it up, and I payed him, then it was Maddie's turn.

"So... I've been thinking about this" Maddie said, holding up a picture of a lizard, located behind the ear.

"Doable, and it should take like... 10 minutes... Not even. As the price is 60 dollars?" Romeo said, already getting the stencil ready.

Maddie nodded, and pulled her hair back, revealing the space around her ear.

The process repeated and she was done in no time.

We went back to the apartment, and Maddie went home. My back was still in pain, but it was all worth it.

Just a quick note, the Tattoo DJ gets has nothing to do with religious beliefs, or anything beyond what it says, it is simply a tattoo of wings on the back. Please do not take it in a way anymore than said.

Thanks