Chapter 9 The Christmas Show

As mentioned in my previous book, every year our school has a Christmas Show. This year was our final performance. We all worked so hard to make this year the best.

The name of the play was "A Super Christmas". It was about a bunch of superheroes looking for another superhero (Jesus) that they think is trying to take their jobs by saving the world. At the end, they finally realize that Jesus is just a baby, and that he will save the world from sin.

I was Mary and John was Joseph. There were also superheroes, Angels, and shepherds. It was actually a cool production.

Since our teacher has been in my school for over 30 years, she knows what she is doing. If you recall from last years show, Miss Impelli had no idea what she was doing because it was her first year as a teacher. We all knew that this year would be way more organized. Not to mention that she is the first teacher that ever said that our show is going to be amazing.

Now, it is the night of the performance. 300 seats are filled with Christmas cheer. First up: Opening Act. This is when the whole schools sings together to kick off the show. We stepped onto the stage, the bright lights hitting our faces, and the music starts. We all sing the song and exit off the stage.

The eighth grade was the first act. The superheroes start out on stage. They say their parts. I'm up next. I had 12 long lines to memorize. I said each and every one of them with ease. Our play culminated with "Joy to the World". We had the loudest applause imaginable! We all took the final bow that we all dreaded and exited gracefully.

We had a lot of time to kill so we were fooling around backstage. We drove our teacher nuts. It was fun.

Our last time on the stage is the finale. We all sing with the school for the last time. Singing the last song was hard for all of us. We pulled through and made it amazing.

Our last show was a huge success. I think everybody got kind of emotional because we are never performing as a class again. Even though not many people in my class like to preform, I think we all tried our absolute best. This was an amazing show.

From my family to yours, I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.