Chapter 10 The Winter Blast

As you may recall, the Winter Blast is an annual school dance for grades 4 through 8. They have food, dessert, a DJ, and tons of dancing. This year, the organizers decided to hold a lip syncing contest. Here's what happened.

The contest was a raffle. The first raffle ticket chosen was Lawrence. He wanted to partner up with Harris. Then Sofia was called. She needed a partner and she chose me. Lawrence and Harris knew that they were going to partner up, but we didn't. So we both went into the bathroom and made up choreography for the song "Staying Alive" by the Bee Geez.

Contest time:

We flipped a coin to see who was going to go first. The boys won. They grabbed the microphone. None of us expected them to be lip syncing to "Wildest Dreams" by Taylor Swift. That was a big laugh!

When they were finished, Sofia and I refused the microphone and went on stage to perform. Everybody was telling us that we rocked it!

The vote for who wins was by popularity. When it was our turn, the crowd went WILD! We had won the lip syncing contest! The prize was $20 (but we had to divide it).

Overall, we had a great time. Too bad that it is our last winter dance. At least we still have the Spring Fling in May. We are all looking forward to that...and another possible lip sync contest!