Birthday Surprises

Weeks went by and September turned into October. I started to get more excited as my birthday got closer with each passing day.

When the twins asked me why I was so happy all the time I explained to them how my birthday was coming up, they got really excited and told me that we had to celebrate. So as they were planning my surprise, I tried to talk to Hermione about the giant dog but she refused. When I tried to get her to come with me to talk to Harry, she just walked away with out a word. Without her I didn't want to talk to Harry so I decided to forget it.

Finally Fred told me we would be celebrating my birthday the night before, October 30th. "We'll meet outside the Great Hall during dinner," He told me, " and don't tell anyone. We have everything planned."

So the 30th rolled around and I met them outside the Great Hall. "Happy almost birthday!" George said dragging me away with Fred trailing behind us.
"Thanks, now can you please tell me where you're taking me."

"No! It's a surprise. The whole purpose of this is for you to be surprised," Fred cried glancing down at a piece of parchment in his hand.

"What's that?" I asked nodding to the paper.

"Part of the surprise," Fred said now leading us, "Ah, here we are."

I looked around and saw that we were at the third-floor corridor. "No! There's no way I'm going in there!" I cried.

"Oh so you've been in there already. That's good, that means we don't have to warn you about..." George said.

"The three-headed dog. Yeah I know about it, but how do you?" I asked.

"Oh please, a forbidden corridor," George rolled his eyes.

"Possibility of death. We came here right after the feast," Fred finished.

"Of course you did."

"Besides the dog is at the end of the corridor and we only need to get right inside the door," George said peeking in. He then nodded to Fred and suddenly they rushed in dragging me behind them. Fred ran up to a statue of a humped-back witch and tapped it, mumbling something under his breath. I was confused at first before a little passage opened up and I realized it was another secret passage. Fred went in first and George helped me before following. The passage closed and we were plunged into darkness. One of the twins grabbed their wand and whispered, "lumos." This gave me enough light to see that we were in a sort of dirt-hallway.

"Shall we," Fred aid gesturing to the darkness ahead of us. I shook my head and let out a disbelieving laugh.

"Why not?" He smiled and lead the way, his wand held in front of him. Soon I found myself in a Weasley sandwich with Fred in front of me and George behind. Down we went through the passageway until Fred stopped suddenly and I ran into him.

"Why'd you st..." I started but was cut off when he turned around with his finger to his lips. He pointed to a hack above our heads and a little ladder behind him. 'I'll check first' he mouthed, then climbed up and lifted the hatch just a bit and poked his head out.

He gave us the thumbs up as he scrambled up. We followed him up and came out in what looked like a cellar. There was a bunch of boxes everywhere and a wooden staircase leading to a door.

"Are you going to tell me where we are yet?" I asked.

"Nope!" They chimed, popping the p. I just rolled my eyes and followed them up the stairs. We stepped into a colorful shop. When I looked around I realized it was a sweatshop. And it was the most amazing sweet shop I'd ever seen. There were sweets on every shelf, of every kind. I recognized it immediately.