Chapter 9

Walking. One thing I hate the most, especially when you have to walk all the way to destroy the One Ring. Why can't we take a horse? Well of course I asked Gandalf and he was like 'No dear Estella because we might attract the orcs or the Ring Wraiths.' So here we are now, just casually walking to Mordor, aren't we supposed to try and get to Mordor as fast as possible to destroy the ring and evil? Oh I know.

"We must hold this course west of the Misty Mountains for fourty days. If our lucks holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there, our road turns eats to Mordor" Gandalf says.

"Hey, yo Gandalf." I call from the back.

"Yes Estella?"

"Why can't we take those eagles of yours and fly to Mordor, that would be so much quicker."

"No, because we will get seen by the Ring Wraiths and Sauron would get alerted, which is what we don't want."

"Damn it!" I mutter to myself.

Ohhhhhh, maybe I can fly, but I don't want to get attacked by the ring wraiths. Ok then, never mind.

-----3 hours later of walking-----

Ok, so maybe I'm half elf, and I do have powers. But I am still half human which means, I get tired fast. Geez, thanks DAD for making me get the trait of humans where I can get tired so easily. Well I'm guessing the Hobbits and Gimli are more tired than all of us. I jog up next to Gandalf and ask him for a break.

"Hey, um Gandalf?"

"Yes"

"Could we um, take a break for a while. It looks like the hobbits and Gimli are going to drop at any minute"

"Okay, sure" he responds. "Okay everyone! Let's take a break at those rocks over there!" he shouts to the rest.

I walked around the rocks to find the tallest rock to rest on. I climbed up and laid flat on my stomach. I opened my bag and took out my phone and headphones. Plugging in my headphones, I opened up Spotify and tapped on 'My favourites' playlist. I then tapped shuffle play and 'I See Fire' came on, by Ed Sheeran. I love this song. I turned back around to the Fellowship and watched Boromir, Merry and Pippin practice spar, my father smoking and watching, Sam and Frodo talking quietly, Gimli and Gandalf also smoking and Leggy keeping watch. I lay back down and closed my eyes, listening to the song play through to the end.

As the song ended, I could hear shouting. Taking off my headphones, I see a black cloud, woah wait. A black cloud?

"Crebain from Dunland" Legolas shouts.

Everyone takes cover in rocks and bushes. I jump down with my stuff and hide but then feeling a heavy weight on my back. I attempt to move my head but all I see is blond hair. Ahhhh, so Leggy is the one on top of me. Hey! I thought elves were supposed to be light, if they are, why is Leggy so heavy.

"Geez bro, why are you so heavy, for an elf who never eats meat, you are extremely heavy" I whisper shout.

All I get is a grunt and a hand to the mouth. Before I begin to protest, I hear the birds coming down and swooping the area. After 5 minutes of having Leggy's hand on my mouth, the birds disappeared. That is when I ripped his hand off my face, through him out of the bush and got up, dusting myself.

"Ouch!" cried Legolas. I looked up to see Legolas a good 10 meters away from me.

"Oops?"

"What happened now?" father sighed.

"Well Leggy covered my face with his large hand and I think I nearly suffocated so as soon as the birds left, I had to get him off me." I stated.

"Well you were talking and I didn't want us to get caught" Leggy argued.

"Well you could have told me to stop talking, I didn't want your hand in my face" I argue back.

We ended up arguing for a while until Gandalf came in.

"SHUT UP YOU FOOLS! YOU ARE BOTH ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!"

"Sorry Gandalf" we said at the same time, hanging our eads in shame.

"Good, sometimes you both can be a nightmare when your together."

"Hey!" We both glare at Gandalf's back whilst he looks to where the birds flew off to.

"Spies of Saruman! The passage South is being watched"

"Oh really? What should we do now, oh so wise one" I sarcastically said. "Ouch! Gand- OWWW!" I shout rubbing the back of my head from getting hit with that stupid staff of his.

"We must take the Pass of Caradhras"

"Wait, but it's so cold. I don't want t-"

"YOU ARE AN IDIOT SOMETIMES ESTELLA!" Gandalf cuts me off.

"What did I do"

"You have powers and you are half elf, you would be fine."

I raise my hands in surrender and head to grab my bag but not before giving a glare to Legolas who is trying to hold in a laugh.