Chapter 13

Running through the halls, orcs swarmed around us, surrounding us. We all draw out our weapons and prepare to fight. All the orcs around us are growling and snarling which probably is to try and scare us. Gimli gives them a yell back as we see a bright light coming at the end of the hall with a rumble like thunder. All the orcs begin to flee, squealing as Gimli laughs, thinking he scared them. We all look around and we are left alone except for the bright light down the hall that Gandalf looks wearily at.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir demands.

We then hear the rumble again and the hobbits look scared.

"A Balrog — a demon of the ancient world." Gandalf said, finally.

The Balrog growls, still hidden around a corner of the vast hall, throwing fiery light on the pillars and Legolas's eyes show fear.

Am I supposed to be scared, because everyone else looks scared?

"This foe is beyond any of you... Run!" Gandalf shouts.

We run through halls and pass through a small doorway.

"Quickly!" Gandalf shouts.

We then enter the passage way which goes down a flight of stairs.

"Damn stairs!" I grumble to myself.

The stairs end to a missing part and Boromir almost falls through the gap, if not for Legolas saving him, he would be long gone. Boromir's torch falls down the hole.

"Gandalf!" ada shouts.

"Lead them on, Aragorn! The bridge is near!" Gandalf shouts back.

We look across a wide space to a long bridge spanning the gap between a hall and a cliff face. Away behind us, the Balrog roars again.

Ada moves towards Gandalf, but Gandalf pushes ada roughly away from him.

"Do as I say!" Gandalf demands him. "Swords are no more use here!"

"Hey! I can help Gandalf, I don't have swords!" I say to him.

"NO!" Gandalf, ada and Leggy shouted at me at the same time. "It's too dangerous.

The Balrog roars again and we descend a flight of massive stairs. We then encounter another huge gap between the stairs. Leggy then leaps over to the other side. The Balrog growls again, but this time pieces of the wall broke off.

"Gandalf!" Leggy shouts over.

Gandalf jumps over and arrows whistle into the air from a far ledge, striking the stone steps. Legolas shoots back, is arrow rises through the air and pierces the skull of an Orc. The Orc tumbles down from his ledge.

Boromir grabs Merry and Pippin and jumps over to the other side. More arrows begin firing towards us. I form a large electric ball between my hands and throw it over to the orcs. It made a huge explosion, breaking off a huge chunk off the ledge they were on.

"That should slow them down!" I say.

"Sam." Ada calls over.

Sam comes over and ada picks him up, throwing him to the other side. Ada then reaches over to pick up Gimli but he holds up a hand.

"Nobody tosses a dwarf." He says grumpily.

I stifle a laugh and Gimli jumps over but lands on the edge of the other side. Leggy grabs onto his beard.

"Not the beard!" he cries.

You should be glad you didn't fall into the unknown pit beneath.