Chapter 11

We have finally passed the snow storm in the mountains and we are now walking to the mines which I can see in the distance. It is quite foggy where we are but at least I can see in front of me. Gandalf calls for Frodo to come to the front with him. I can hear what they are saying but I don't want to be nosey, so I ignore them and talk to Legolas instead. We end up arguing again about who is a better archer until we hear Gimli.

"The walls... Of Moria" he states proudly.

The walls of Moria huh? I don't see it but a mountain side.

"Dwarf doors are invisible when closed" Gimli says.

"Yes, Gimli, their own masters cannot find them, if their secrets are forgotten." Gandalf says.

"That explains it" I state, smirking.

"Why doesn't that surprise me" Legolas says after me, smirking.

We must get the smirking from ada Thrandy. When I see him again, I want to tell him to rename Mirkwood to Smirkwood as that's what everyone seems to do there.

Gimli glared at us and grumbled stuff probably on how annoying we are. Gandalf walked to one side and brushed the wall. He them muttered something that I couldn't quite catch and all of a sudden, the wall lit up, showing patterns and elvish on the top of the door.

Woah wait. ELVISH! I thought this was supposed to be a dwarf door, not an elvish door. I also thought dwarves hate the elves and the elves hate the dwarves. Geez, what has this world come to! So many confusing stuff!

"It reads 'The Doors of Durin — Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter.'" Gandalf stated.

"Oh well isn't the word 'friend' then?"

"Well did the door open when you said it Estella?"

"No Gandalf"

"Then can you shut up for a moment"

"Yes sir!"

"Good" he mumbles.

I go over and sit on a rock and wait until that moment when the door would open which might take years at the pace Gandalf is going.

"Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will try to find the opening words." I heard Gandalf say, quite annoyed actually.

"Well at least I'm not the only one being scolded by the grumpy old man" I grumble to myself quietly.

"OWWWWW! Gandalf!" I shout in pain as I got hit with his stupid staff once again.

"Shut your mouth Estella and let me concentrate!"

I sigh and stare into the water in front.

---Hours later---

"Oh, It's useless" Gandalf frustratingly says, throwing his hat and staff on the ground.

"It's a riddle" Frodo suddenly says. "Speak 'friend' and enter. What's the elvish word for friend?"

"Mellon!"
Friend

The doors open and inside is darkness, darkness and darkness. Oh and did I say darkness already? I don't think I did.

I see the water ripple a bit and I turn to my dad who was already looking at me as if saying 'are you moving the water?'.

How dare he accuse me of that!

I shake my head and raise my hands in surrender which gets the attention of Legolas, Gimli and Boromir. I just shrug at them and look back at the suspicious water. I slowly get up and walk backwards into the darkness after everyone goes in, my eyes still on the water.

"Soon, Master Elf and Miss Estella, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves! Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone. This, my friend, is the home of my cousin, Balin."

"I don't hear any dwarves, roaring fires or smell malt beer or meat." I say, still walking backwards. "All I smell is dead stuff, like we are standing in the middle of rotting corpses... Oh wait, WE ARE!"

"This is no mine, it's a tomb!"

I open my hand and a ball of lightning appears, lighting up the area. The light becomes brighter with Gandalf's added staff light.

"Ohhh, ewwwww, grosssss! Dead dwarves everywhere and some other creatures!!!!"

"Goblins!" Leggy says in disgust, throwing a crappy looking arrow down and pulling out his own bow and arrow.

Everyone draws their weapons. Expect for me. I hold out both my hands and two lightning spears appeared.

"We make for the Gap of Rohan. We should never have come here."

We all run out but something came out of the water and grabbed Frodo, dragging him back in the water. We all began to attack but me because if my spear touched the monster, it would electrocute Frodo to. We wouldn't want that now would we? My spears evaporate in the air and I called my weapons through my mind and I suddenly felt a weight on my back. I reached for behind me and pulled out my twin swords. I ran to the beast and began cutting the tentacles that kept annoyingly coming towards me. I ran on top of a tentacle and jumped on where it was holding Frodo. I slashed it and Frodo dropped down into Boromir's arms.

"Into the mines!" Gandalf cried.

"Legolas" Boromir shouted.

"Into the cave" Ada shouted, running towards the cave where everyone was.

I saw Leggy getting ready to shoot the beast but I stopped him.

"Don't bother, let me take care of it"

He nodded and began to run into the cave behind Boromir and ada. I turned around and faced the beast. I formed my lightning spears and continuously threw them at the beast. The beast got electrocuted as it was climbing out of the water. It looked like a light show. I ran back into the caves just as the beast took down the walls, bringing rocks down to black the entrance.

I bend down, hands on knees trying to get my breath back.

"We now have but one choice." Gandalf says lighting up his staff so we could see. "We must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs, in the deep places of the world."

"Quietly now. It's a four-day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence may go unnoticed." He says after looking around.

"FOUR DAY JOURNEY THROUGH THIS DARK MINE!" I whisper shout. "HOPE OUR PRESENCE GOES UNNOTICED! What's that supposed to mean!

"It means that we can still be caught, there are eyes everywhere dear Estella. So please keep it down."

I sigh and we begin our long journey through the dark caves of Moria.