Chapter 14

Walk around, the lights around us shining bright. Then stairs leading up around the trees.

Great! Stairs. STAIRS, STAIRS, STAIRS! I hate stairs now. I think I even hate the word now.

We climb for so long I feel like we are going nowhere. Finally after climbing these stairs, we reach the top platform. We see Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn descend the stairs, hand in hand, in a bright blinding light. Everyone stands in awe in front of them.

What is with people around here, always wanting to blind you!

The light dimmed and they come to a halt.

"The Enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone." Lord Celeborn states. "Nine there are here, yet nine there were, set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him... I can no longer see him from afar."

"Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into shadow." Lady Galadriel finally speaks.

"He was taken by both Shadow and Flame: a Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria." Leggy says sadly.

"Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf in life. We do not yet know his whole purpose." The Lady responds.

"Do not let the great emptiness of Khazad-dûm fill your heart, Gimli, son of Glóin." The Lady continues after seeing Gimli looking down in sadness. "For the world has grown full of peril. And in all lands, love is now mingled with grief."

"What now becomes of this Fellowship? Without Gandalf, hope is lost." The Lord says.

Oh thanks for that. So we can just all throw hope out the window because Gandalf is gone. Okay, all I need to do is find hope and throw it out the window, oh wait, hope isn't here because hope fell with Gandalf.

"The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all." Galadriel continues for him.

Thank you great grandparents for throwing everyone's hope away.

"Yet hope remains while the company is true."

Oh, she must have heard my words.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep in peace."

Yes, I can finally sleep in peace without being worried we will be trampled by orcs.

We are lead to our sleeping areas and I run to the best spot which is under a tree that looks like a small cave. I throw all my stuff in and crawl in. I then la out my sleeping mat and I lay down on my stomach, facing the fellowship who are finding their own sleeping areas. Leggy and ada are on each side of my tree cave, the hobbits were all huddled around the same tree, Gimli was already snoring next to ada.

I then hear singing, a lament for Gandalf, I thought sadly.

"A Olórin i yaresse
Mentaner i Numeherui
Tírien i Rómenóri"
Olórin who once was
Sent by the Lords of the West
To guard the Lands of the East

"Melme nóren sina
núra ala
Eäro"
Our love for this land
Is deeper than the deeps
Of the sea

"A lament for Gandalf" Leggy says sadly.

"What do they say about him?" Merry questions.

"I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too near." He responds.

"Maiaron i Oiosaila,
Manan elye etevanne
Nórie i malanelye?" the singing continues.
Wisest of all Maiar,
What drove you to leave
That which you loved?

"Ilfirin nairelma
ullume nucuvalme.
Nauva i nauva."
Yet we will cast all away
Rather that submit.
What should be shall be.

"I bet they don't mention his fireworks. There should be a verse about them." I hear Sam say to Merry. He then gets up.

"The finest rockets ever seen,
They burst in stars of blue and green..." He begins.

Gimli then snores really loudly.

"Or after thunder... silver showers..."

Gimli snores again which annoyed me so I slapped ada's leg and pointed at Gimli. Ada whacked Gimli's pillow which his response came as a grunt.

"Came falling like a... rain of flowers..." Sam continues.

"Oh, that doesn't do them justice by a long road." Sam finishes.

I smile at Sam, oh how creative hobbits are. I then see ada walk over to Boromir and they begin to talk but I don't bother listening.

"You should get some sleep pen tithin"
Little one

"Yeah, well so should you pe-channas tôr"
Idiot brother

"I will but you should be asleep, it's past your bedtime" he teased.

"Hey! I don't have one!" I exclaimed.

"Well I am the older one here and if Aragorn is not here, I am in charge." He tells me.

"But I am old enough to look after myself."

"But I am way older than you, you are only a child in my eyes"

I grumble and go to my bed and lay down. I am slowing falling asleep, realising how tired I really am.