Chapter Three- Team Arizona or Team Courtney

"Courtney I'm not sure I can do this." I said grabbing Courtney's arm as she went to walk off. She had just told me what to tell Arizona, and what questions I should ask to get the 'best' information from her.

"Of course you can Mickie. All you have to do is pretend that you are on her side and get her to tell you everything." She said putting a great amount of emphasis on the word 'everything.'

"She's not going to tell me a lot in an hour." It was the first thing that came to my mind in my desperate attempt to get Courtney to change her mind.

"You're right Mickie, one hour is not a lot of time. What am I thinking." I sighed, grateful that she had changed her mind. "You have a week."

"A w-week." I stuttered. I did want any amount of time, long or short, I wanted Courtney to leave it alone, and leave Arizona alone. "Come on Courtney, she's new, she didn't know what she was saying." I pleaded with her.

"Even more reason. She's new, she needs to be put in her place. I can't have others thinking they can talk to me like she did. If I leave it, sooner or later others will follow her example, then where will we be." Courtney smiled a cruel smile at me, I sighed, knowing that she wouldn't change her mind, no matter what I said, "One week Mickie, learn everything you can about her. Anything we can use against her. Do what ever it takes, go to her house, have a sleepover, I don't know. Just do it."

"What if I don't want to Courtney." I said, lifting my head, trying to come across braver than I felt, then again I wasn't even sure if I was being brave, or if I was being downright stupid. From the look on Courtney face, I would say stupid. Damn it Arizona, why didn't you keep your mouth shut.

"What was that Mickie?" Courtney asked. She was testing me, she knew exactly what it was I said, she was giving me a chance to shut up and just go along with her plan.

"I just don't think I can do this Courtney." I told her honestly. I didn't want to hurt Arizona. It's weird I have only known Arizona for a few hours, and yet I am wiling to challenge the girl I loved to protect her from any harm that Courtney is planning to inflict.

"Mickie." Courtney started, walking closer to me. I swallowed nervously. "Are you choosing her over me?"

Her question caught me by surprise. Was I choosing Arizona over Courtney? No. Of course not. I could never do that, Courtney was always the one I sided with. "Of course not Courtney. I'm always on you side."

"Good." Her face was just inches away from mine. I could smell the peppermint of her gum, and the fruity smell of her perfume. "Remember, it's me and you. Just me and you. Know one else. Ever." She tilted her head to the side, a smile playing on her lips. I found myself staring at her lips, they looked so good, so full, the perfect shade of pink. The lip gloss made them look even more delectable. She ran her tongue across her bottom lip, it was a small action, but it took all my willpower not to lean forward and run my tongue along the same path.

"Me and you." I repeated, trying hard to focus on her eyes instead. She leaned closer to me, and for a second I thought she was going to kiss me. To my disappointment she pulled back, a huge grin on her face, satisfied with herself.

"See you after chemistry Mickie." She blew me a kiss and winked at me before heading off in the direction of the school's gates. I groaned internally, as if Courtney would ever kiss me, I was letting my imagination run wild.

Shaking my head at my own stupidity, I followed the crowds of kids heading to their different lessons. Following the swarm of younger years, I made it to my chemistry room. To my surprise Arizona was already there, standing by herself, earphones in, acting as if she didn't have a care in the world. Acting as if she didn't just have a confrontation with the schools Queen Bee.