Chapter Six- Consequences

"Wait." I called to her. Grabbing her by the wrist. "Why did you do that?" I asked, my heart was still beating like mad, and my cheeks were still burning with heat.

"I don't know." Courtney said simply, there was no smirk or smug look on her face, instead she looked confused and perhaps even, a little embarrassed. It was so hard to tell what she was thinking. "I just wanted to." She admitted, giving me a small smile.

The contents of my stomach turned, seeing that smile. It was so beautiful and so natural, not like the usual ones she gave, that were fake. "Okay." I whispered, just loud enough for her to hear. We stood their in silence for a little while, neither one of us quite sure what to say. Then five words entered my mind, five words that now made sense.

"Courtney answer me one question." She nodded but didn't say anything, so I continued. "Did you kiss me just so I would tell you what I had learnt about Arizona?" My heart sped up as her lips formed a small smile.

"I didn't kiss you just to find out about her." There wasn't much distance between us, so it took her only a single step until she was in front of me. "I kissed you because I wanted to. I will still get her back, but you don't have to help me, okay?"

"Okay." I agreed, staring at her perfect lips, remembering the feel of them, the way they moved in sync with mine. I wanted to feel them again, feel how smooth they are. As if Courtney were having the same thoughts, she leant down and pressed her lips against mine. There wasn't a a huge difference in our heights, Courtney was an inch maybe two taller than me, so she didn't really have to lean down that far.

The kiss was just as soft as the first one, this time however her hands made their way to the side of my face, and my hands made their way to her hair, pulling her head closer to me. She gently bit my bottom lip, I hadn't been expecting it so I gasped opening my mouth, like she had hoped for. Her tongue entered my mouth and proceeded to play with my own. I was new to this and didn't quite know what to do, but Courtney took charge, showing me what to do, and soon my tongue was battling with hers for dominance.

She pulled back, her face flushed and her green eyes darker than I had ever seen them, full of lust. I had never seen this side of Courtney, but it was defiantly my favourite side of her. She bit her lip, looking at my lips. Her eyes travelled up to meet mine, "I'm going to go now." She whispered. I dropped my hands from her hair.

What do you say after that? "I'll see you tomorrow." I whispered back.

"Yeah. See you in the morning Mickie." She gave me one last smile, before she turned and left my bedroom. I followed her to the front door.

"Bye then." I said, holding my front door open.

"Bye." Unlike her usual goodbyes, where she would blow me a kiss as she walked away, she gave me a final, farewell kiss on the lips. Her lips lingered momentarily on mine. "Bye." She repeated.

I watched her make her way to her car, and drive off. I closed my front door and leant against it, trying to slow my heart, which was beating so fast I was afraid it was going to burst out of my chest.

Courtney had kissed me, not once, not twice but four times, albeit two were only a quick peck, it didn't matter, I was on cloud nine. I know we should have talked about it, talked about what the kiss meant, but right now I didn't care. I ran my thumb across my bottom lip, thinking about that third kiss, it was so passionate, I had wished for it to happen for so long, dreamt about it even.

I was still leaning on the door when the sound of someone knocking from the other side made me jump. It was probably Courtney, she only left ten minutes ago, but knowing her she had forgotten something.