Chapter Twelve- What if...?

---------------------------------------

Mickie's P.O.V

---------------------------------------

"You sure you're ready for this Princess?" My dad asked, as I double checked my bag one last time. The last thing I wanted was to have forgotten something.

"I don't think I'll ever be ready dad, but I cant hide away in my bedroom for ever."

"Now that's my Mickie. I've missed her lately." He grinned at me and flicked my nose. I laughed and flicked his nose in return. He was right, I hadn't been acting like myself recently, I had let everything get the best of me, but today that stopped. I was determined to march into school and hold my head high. I had made that decision saturday, after Courtney had left me, again, both confused and hurt. She had made no attempt to contact me for the remainder of the weekend, and it hurt too much to think that this may be it, what was left of our friendship was officially over...

"Mickie." My dad said, lightly shaking my shoulder.

"Sorry dad, did you say something?"

"I said, I'm proud of you and no matter what I'll be here for you." I smiled at him, I was so very lucky to have him, he was the perfect idea of a dad. I hugged him tight.

"Thank-you." I whispered into his shoulder. I can't describe how nice it is to have him, supporting him, especially since my mum still hadn't got in contact. 

"She will." He reassured me as if he had just read my mind, he pushed me back and gave me a huge smile. "You better be going you don't want to be late."

I sighed, "Yeah, I should be." I slung my bag over my shoulder, before leaning and kissing him on the cheek. "I'll see you later." I told him.

"Don't forget, if anyone gives you trouble they'll have me to answer to." I laughed at his comment, I thought it was sweet how he still tried to look after me even though I was almost eighteen.

I called a final goodbye to him as I left the house, iPod in hand, I had a feeling I was going to need it today, to block out a lot of the comments. Deciding to take as much time as possible to get to school, I stopped off at Starbucks, the same place I had first meet Arizona, the girl with the gorgeous blue eyes, just over two weeks ago.

I started to think about Arizona as I waited for my coffee, I hadn't heard from her since friday night, I hadn't thought too much of it, she obviously had a lot to sort out. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that she hadn't got in touch. I had contemplated the idea of ringing her, just to see if everything was alright, but decided better of it.

"Miss, your drink." The barista said handing me my coffee in a plastic cup, bringing me out of my thoughts at the same time. I thanked him before leaving the shop. Again I took it easy as I drove the remainder of the journey to school.

I turned into the student car park hesitantly, I was surprised I could even turn the wheel as my hands were shaking like crazy. Was I actually ready for this? I had spent last night trying to convince myself that I was, but now I was having second thoughts. I was even considering turning back and going home as I parked up. I turned the engine off and sat there as my thoughts consumed me. Maybe I could sneak-

"Mickie." I jumped out of my skin at hearing someone yell my name and knock on my passenger window. I hadn't even seen the person approach my car. I lowered the window so I could speak with them.

"Hey Arizona, you scared me." I laughed, but it was only half-heartedly, I was far too nervous to think about anything else, let alone laugh at anything.