Chap 2 : Memories

Dedicated to Anonymous15xx

Hey guys, I thought I would just go with the flow. So instead of continuation of chap 1, that's chapter 2 for you all. Sorry for the confusion :)

........................................................

Opening the tap, I quickly splashed the lukewarm water on my face; as if doing so I could wash away the nightmares I had. Nonetheless it relaxed me, softening my features. The frown that once rested on my face, disappearing.

I looked at myself in the mirror. The girl that stared back with piercing hazel eyes wasn't the same she used to be. No she didn't change,they changed her. Her parents. Tears sting my eyes at the thought. Yes, they are gone literally gone. We once woke up in the morning with them nowhere to be found. They never came back. No one took them nor they were killed. They abandoned us, I just knew.

Blinking the angry tears away, I carried my wobbly feet out of the bathroom. I found myself out in the gloomy hallway leading me toward the kitchen. Our house was huge and honestly speaking, you couldn't roam around in the house alone in the middle of night but I just didn't care anymore.

It was eerily quite, even the crickets were gone out on a vacation I guess. It reminded me of the happy days when everything was colours and rainbows, when I had not a worry in the world and when I danced around without having to worry what is gonna happen next in my life.

My mind strangely raced back to one of those days when, my sisters and I used to play out in the garden. Again, the garden was huge. Even my mom had managed to maintain a small poultry farm and a kitchen garden.

Cricket was our passion and that's what we played usually. I smiled when I reminisced over the petty arguments I had with my sisters while playing. Like who would bat first or who got the most wickets. I chuckled lightly at the thought.

A sad smile graced my lips when I realized that none of that is gonna come back, at least for the time being. No I didn't lose hope, rather I knew happiness wasn't in our fate at this point of the life. I accepted it. I accepted my nightmares, gloomy nights, unsaid words and silence.

................................................................

Yes I am taking this slow. I just want you guys to know about her feelings, what's going on inside her head and a bit about her past.
Hope you liked it. Yeah I know that's a short chap.

Do vote and comment, loads of love.
- j