Chap 11 : Paradox

Happy reading.

.............................................................................

'Hey Evelyn?' Rebecca began in her 'I am up to something' voice.

Rebecca was my elder sister, the middle one actually, whose spontaneous personality never failed to annoy me at times like these.

'What?' I questioned without taking my eyes off the book.

'Do you believe in the paranormal?'

'No and leave me alone, can't you see I am being productive unlike you?'

'Awww, little Evelyn is scared of the ghost that is standing behind.'

I instinctively turned around and sighed heavily when I realized she got the reaction she had been wanting.

'There is nothing there.' I rolled my eyes while flipping the page.

Chuckling, she started 'Yeah right, by the way, did you ever wonder about an invisible entity-

'No'

'-living with us, eating our food'

'No'

'-wearing the cardigan you lost out of nowhere'

'Go away'

'-or sitting beside you, reading the book along with you'

'WHAT?' I almost fell off the chair at that.

'Hah gotcha' she cheered.

'Whatever' I muttered, I little embarrassed that I gave in to her act.

*

I wake up suddenly. Every thought in high definition. My eyes take in the single ray of light that had managed to creep in through a slit in the curtains. As yesterday's events come crashing down, my heart instantly beats faster. I feel the darkness ebbing its gradual way into daylight, diminishing all happiness and bliss that had risen with the sun.

Immediately, Grez's scratchy voice echoes inside my head, 'Read the book Evelyn, curiosity killed the cat for a reason'

Sitting upright, I reach out for the book. Its rough texture seems foreign to my hands. Dusting it off, I open the book. My eyes instantly fell on the cursive writing, the shapes of the letters are remarkably strong as if written with expertise. It seemed as if it was penned down by someone, the vertical strokes confirming my theory.

"Proud and bestowed, It-ingdom"

We grieve, we pray
We see, we stay
We perceive and define ourselves;
As the mighty liberated Its
We are special and ingenious;
Inhabiting the Astral plane
We live in the same world yet another
We watch them- breath, live and die
But can they catch us with a naked eye?

**

My shoulders slump on their own accord and my brows crease as I realize that it was not as easy as I thought it would be. I scowl at the book, my mind raging in perplexity. Was it a riddle? Or am I really that incompetent not to understand it?

Frustrated, I flip the pages hastily and to my utter annoyance each page has small riddles like these with an exceptions of a few.

It was a damn conundrum book.

Reading each stanza again and again, I try to make sense out of the words. The more I mull over the phrases, more my brain becomes a spinning top, always finding more questions than answers. Displeased with the little to no progress made, I shut the book furiously.

With an intention to have a word with Grez over handing me over a riddle book as if I were a child, I head out of the room knowing completely well, it will leave my mind as boggled as ever.

......................................................................

A/N:

Heyyy guys! Did you all like it? Please vote and comment, it means a lot. I HAVE OFFICIALLY ENTERED IT? TO THE WATTY'S SO PLEASE CONTINUE YOUR SUPPORT. IF YOU REALLY LIKE MY BOOK, PLEASE DO SHARE AND PROMOTE!

Love-J