Chap 9 : Stuck

Dedicated to Arabellaaxx

Changing POV in this chapter.
...................................................................

Unknown's POV:

"Take them to the cellars too and feed them whatever shit humans eat; don't want them to starve. They are our assets."

This is undoubtedly the most tedious job. Just 8 months and master Lev- the head guard could already observe my lack of interest.

"Hurry up, what has gotten into you?" Uh- here it goes.

Master Lev was one of a kind; striking blue wings, abnormally long-hooked nose under golden slitted orbs captured the eyes of many. Master seemingly borne close resemblance to one of the its back in time- Cornelius. Cornelius, as they say "A virtuoso of our kingdom." was a very component it; a gem, who said to have captured nine hundred humans a year.

How i wish, my name to be inscribed in history books to be read as an example in times to come.

You are sixteen. Thanks for reminding.

My mother says, "You have big dreams my child and you'll do big, just wait for the right moment."

Like Cornelius.

Capturing humans, anyway, does sound good.

**

Evelyn's POV:

All I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and wait for someone to save me. But no one would, no one was there. A choked cry for help forced itself up my throat, and i felt a tear drop run down my cheek; traitor tears betraying me. I wanted to keep my gait with no hint of hesitation, yet i failed again. I couldn't mask the fear which had locked up my stomach tight and creeped up my spine like a careful spider; consuming me. I was stuck.

In this frozen state, my mind offered me only one thought. There is no avoiding it.

~~~

Using the walls as a leverage, I dragged my feet to the kitchen. My dainty body not corporating as i swayed a bit, quickly pulling out a chair I sat. Putting my head in my hands, i took a deep sigh wondering what to eat.

2 days without food. I feel dead. I laughed at the irony. I am a living corpse.

I poured out a glass of water from the pitcher, drinking it eagerly in a gulp. Reminder: Water is heaven. Having enough energy, I stood on my feet carrying myself to the fridge. Frozen food would do for now.

**

As i finished the last slice of pizza, i heard commotion. Of course, it wouldn't leave me alone.

Grez was watching my every move, standing at the entrance of the kitchen glaring at me. I rolled my eyes, as if i will break out of the window and run to 'Neverland'.

Brushing past Grez, i hurried to my room until i heard my name. I turned around to find Grez being the source of the sound. Curious what the cloaked "blessing" has to say, i blinked my eyes expecting Grez to carry on. Instead something was pulled out from under the cloak by Grez and extended towards me.

"Read it, that's all i can do for you."

My eyebrows creased, a book?

The book was leather bound bearing a rough feel to my hands. The creased binding did not do much justice in holding the stained pages together. Bringing the book closer to my face to brush off the dust, a faint scented musty smell touched my nostrils; giving off antique vibes. What really caught my attention, though, was the title:

It-ingdom.

.....................................................................................................................................

A/N:

Hello readers, LONG TIME NO SEE. I suck I know but I am really busy with my studies and would be for the next 3 months so slow updates. :(

I really love all my readers. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT if you like it. I always add 'if you like it' because I really want you guys to read and give your honest thoughts. Not forcing you ok :)

IMPORTANT:
Give a read to my new book 'Solace.' I hope you like it :)

>>Favourite song(s)?

Loads of love-J