Chap 6 : Cryptic

Dedicated to no_silly_wand_waving

You can imagine 'Evelyn' as whoever you want :)
Suggest a song for this chapter in the end. x
Read chap 5 if you haven't already.
...........................................................

Incoherent words reached my ears as I stirred slightly in my still unconscious state.

"..... she asleep..."

"passed out.... wake up.."

"Stupid humans."

Stupid humans.

These were the two words that caused the reality to come crashing down on me. The reality. If this is reality, it must be some kind of a sick joke. I hope it is though. Maybe that being's entire get up was  just a disguise, to scare me out of my minds. May be the nails were fake and the cloak was to hide the person's identity. Just maybe. I was holding onto this flicker of hope when my conscience being the untimely ass it is, informed me in its sweet, sickly voice.

It read your mind, Evelyn. It knows what you are thinking. No human does that. Stop being in denial.

This caused my eyes to crack open. I gasped for air and instantly a pain shot up my neck. I brought my hand up and rubbed the nape of neck gently. I was apparently in my living room, on a sofa and I have  no idea how did I get here. That's absurd. My mind started to race and panic took over me within seconds.

That wicked being was around me, right here. Looming over me, I could literally feel it.

Something scratched my feet. I instantly flinched back and with all the courage I could muster, I craned my neck towards the right.

"O-oh my god.."

I never believed in superstitious things. I always thought that they were just a part of our imagination. They were self made. Even if they did exist, their interaction with the human world was close to none.

I had been wrong all along because there it was sprawled on the living room carpet in all it's glory right in front of me.

It was real.

It's face was too thin for its own good. The mouth was slightly sucked inwards to make the cheek bones protrude out abnormally. The skin was battered, mapped with scars here and there. Some deep and some just a mere scratch, mostly going unnoticed. I, albeit took in the tiniest of details. The eyes were the same. Cold. However now there was a black outline rimmed under them, causing them to stand out more  among the shriveled features of its face. 

However, what i saw next made my eyes water.

After a somewhat flapping sound, ten foot long wings had come into my sight of vision. They were bent at two points however, shortening the surface area yet still managed to appear huge. They were dark brown but not like the colour of its eyes. The feathers were long and thick, seeming soft; a complete contrast to its deathly orbs. 

Suddenly the wings arched above its scaly head and flapped threateningly with the power to strike anyone to death.

The shock registered on my face and my brain once again shut down. My hands went clammy and i could guarantee there was a glisten of cold sweat on my forehead. My head shook from side to side in disbelieve and a choked sob left my lips. 

"Why are humans so stupid, Grez?", it spat the words out.

"Because, they are humans master."

A loud yet ear splitting cackle erupted from its mouth before uttering the next words, "You never fail to amuse me, Grez. Never."

..................................................................

A/N:

Eeep done done done. I kinda liked the end, keep giving your feedback guys. Each comment of yours means a world to me.

>Favourite Harry Potter character? (I am a POTTER HEAD obvio)
I personally love Dumbledore, snape and Fred and George (they are my babies ok)

Do vote and comment. :)

I love all my readers, Jay.